Chapter 104 - Preparing for the Future

Nie Yan forced out a smile.「Oh, then you're telling me you're not being foolish right now...?

Moon Child and Feiyun were shocked beyond belief when they saw Yao Yao had actually accepted the gift. They both understood Yao Yao's disposition as she generally never took gifts from others, especially from males. Even on her birthday, she would only accept simple things like birthday cards. Today though, she actually accepted a gift, and from a male no less! There was definitely a hidden story behind this!

Yao Yao, what's your relationship with this person?」Moon Child whispered.

He's a good friend of mine,」Yao Yao replied with a somewhat guilty conscience.

Really? Just a good friend eh~?」Moon Child asked in a mischievous tone. The expression on her face showed that she didn't believe her friend in the slightest.

Really! He's just a friend!」Afraid Moon Child would continue down this line of questioning, Yao Yao decided to put up a bold front and expressed herself clearly. While her impression of Nie Yan was undeniably favourable, it certainly wasn't to the extent of love or anything deep like that.

What Yao Yao was unaware of, however, was the special place she held in Nie Yan's heart. Although he buried the events of his past life deep within the recesses of his mind, memories and emotions like those weren't so easily erased.

Alright, if you say he's only a good friend, then that's fine too,」Moon Child giggled. She seemed to have caught on to something.

"Moon Child, Yao Yao, I have some business to take care of, so I'll be taking my leave now." Feiyun was feeling quite bored since she was being ignored by Nie Yan, and Yao Yao and Moon Child were chatting in private, so she decided to get up and say goodbye.

"Feiyun, take care." Moon Child waved her farewell.

Yao Yao acted a bit cold and detached, simply acknowledging that she was leaving.

Meanwhile, Nie Yan completely disregarded her existence. This cold-shoulder treatment only served to infuriate Feiyun even more, and by the time she left, she was seething with venomous hatred.

Following Feiyun's departure, the group continued to chat for a brief while, during which even the girls sold a few items of their own as well.

"Nie Yan, we're going to head off here. Big Sis Yu Lan (Blue Feather) is trying to get some last minute levelling in, and she wants us to hurry over," Yao Yao said after checking the new messages in her chat.

"No problem. Let's chat some other time then," Nie Yan replied before waving them goodbye.

Afterwards, he checked his system notifications.

System: Your Flash Powder x1 has sold for 2 silver, 10 copper.

System: Your Flash Powder x1 has sold for 2 silver, 5 copper.

System: Your Sheep Transformation Scroll x1 has sold for 5 silver, 20 copper.

The money in Nie Yan's bag rapidly piled up. Only by limiting the Flash Powder, Web Scrolls, and Sheep Transformations Scrolls he placed on the auction house, would he able to sell them for a sufficiently high price. Although unique items appeared in the auction house all the time, they were often so expensive that only a few players would be willing to buy them. On the other hand, if he sold too many of them, it would gradually lead to oversaturation.

Several minutes prior to the servers shutting down, Nie Yan had sold eight pouches of Flash Powder, six Web Scrolls, and five Sheep Transformation Scrolls, earning him around fifty silver. During this time, he also visited several small towns to purchase Bat Teeth, only to discover that not many players were willing to sell to him. It appeared the information about Blacksmith Kade purchasing Bat Teeth had somehow been leaked, so all the players were selling their Bat Teeth to Kade instead. Since there's no more money to be made, so be it... I've found two other ways to earn money anyway.