Chapter 147 - Establishing the Guild Treasury

Nie Yan glanced over his masteries, Intermediate Marksman, Beginner Dual Wielding, Beginner Adept Hands, Beginner Dagger, and Beginner Cloaking. With 3 mastery points to allocate, he raised both Dual Wielding and Adept Hands to Intermediate and put his final point into Beginner Cloaking which increased his Cloak stat even further.

While equipped with two daggers, Intermediate Dual Wielding would now increase his attack by 13 points. Its effects were quite significant.

His damage was growing increasingly powerful. If he was able to equip the Scarlet Poison Ring, then even a tanky Fighter would be easily cut down by his blade.

Accessories and Legendary equipment usually had stat requirements. So long as they were fulfilled, the player would be able to immediately equip them regardless of their level. On the other hand, regular equipment had strict level requirements. Hence, obtaining a defense or attack that vastly exceeded the norm was very difficult. However, though incredibly rare, rings that increased attack or necklaces that increased defense did exist. In fact, they could even be found in the auction house. It was just that on the rare occasion they appeared, they were often excessively expensive.

Nie Yan had never stopped thinking about how he was going to get enough Dexterity to equip the ring. After all, 160 Dexterity wasn't an easy hurdle to overcome. Thief skill books that increased Dexterity, for instance, were scarce in the marketplace because players would generally set aside these types of skill books for their acquaintances or friends. Very rarely would they ever be put up for sale. When such a skill book did appear, however, entire auction houses would go into uproar as players entered bidding frenzies to snatch it for themselves. The demand for them was simply too high. Just like how Warriors sought skill books that increased Strength or how Mages sought skill books that increased Intelligence, skill books that increased Dexterity were highly coveted by Thieves. This was why being able to obtain one was simply a matter of luck.

Although Sleepy Fox had gladly agreed to finding him a few skill books in the past, they were Thief skill books that increased Strength. If he had asked for ones that increased Dexterity instead, then he would have put Sleepy Fox in an awkward position. With so many Thieves in Holy Empire, which one didn't want more Dexterity? For what reason should they be given to an outsider like Nie Yan? Even if the guild leader himself personally agreed, the Thieves in his guild definitely wouldn't.

As for Dexterity Gems, there was no longer any space because he had already socketed all of his gear with Strength Gems.

For now, 160 Dexterity was too difficult of a barrier to cross. Were it not for him gaining more stat points than other players every level and wearing Sulgata's Boots that gave him 30 Dexterity, his Dexterity would have had a hard time even breaking through 100. If he really couldn't find the skill books, then he would simply have to wait until he was higher levelled.

"We should head back," Nie Yan said. With their guild rapidly expanding by the second, they had plenty of business to attend to.

"Alright." Tang Yao nodded. He also wanted to take a look at what was going on back at their guild headquarters.

After channeling their Return Scrolls, Tang Yao and Nie Yan were enshrouded by a bright radiance before being teleported back to Calore.

"Let's check out our headquarters first. Then, I'll set up the guild treasury," Nie Yan suggested.

"Sure."

The pair began walking over to their guild headquarters which was located in the southeast side of Calore. It was established there by the system. When creating a guild, the player couldn't choose the location of their guild's headquarters as they were set up in fixed locations. For example, Holy Empire's was in the south side of Calore and Victorious Return's was located in the north. They were usually placed far away from one another. Furthermore, several NPC guards were often stationed at their entrances to keep the peace and prevent conflicts from occurring.