Chapter 47 - Not All Men Are Created Equal

There were hidden dangers lurking everywhere within the forest such as the traps regularly encountered along the pathway. Chen Bo himself had narrowly escaped death by barely avoiding a fall into a spike pit. Fortunately, he was attentive enough to notice the pit before stepping in. Otherwise, he would have embarrassed himself further by dying to such a simple trap. After that incident, he changed his mind. He no longer went searching for traps along unexplored paths. Instead, he switched to areas Nie Yan had already scoured through and made himself look preoccupied, by pretending to search for any traps Nie Yan may have overlooked.

Even after ten minutes, no further mishaps occurred to Chen Bo; not because he was more attentive, but because every trap had already been disarmed in the areas he passed through.

Chen Bo pretended to examine a nearby area while he made his way over to a small clearing just ahead since he had just seen Nie Yan walk through it. As he arrived at the centre of the clearing, he noticed the ground beneath his feet was a little soft; however, he paid it no heed and negligently strode forward.

「Crash!」The ground trembled and a giant hole opened up underneath him, whereupon he fell into a pit of sludge. Chen Bo’s entire body was covered in filth. Moreover, since this filth was a mix of toxic sludge and mud, he was inflicted with the poison status which caused him to lose two health per second. With a disgruntled expression, he raised his head to gauge how far of a distance he had fallen. The dirt walls surrounding him were roughly three meters in height. Since this pitfall was so deep, climbing out would require him to expend quite a bit of effort.

Having walked over to the pitfall, Nie Yan stuck his head over the hole and said, “Ah? Brother Chen Bo, how did you manage to fall into another trap? Didn’t I warn you earlier? As a Thief, you must always be wary of your surroundings. How could you just stride forward and step right into one again?”

“You bastard! I clearly saw you walking past this area without any problems! You intentionally set me up!” Chen Bo angrily cursed. He might be an idiot but he still managed to figure out what had happened.

“You stepped in there yourself. I never pushed you in, so how is it my fault? You were simply careless, that’s all. I also have another piece of advice for you: Just because I passed through an area safely, it doesn’t mean you will as well. Not all men are created equal.” Nie Yan gazed at Chen Bo disdainfully before shaking his head. “You’re too useless!” Even before he reincarnated into the past, Nie Yan had long understood what type of personality Chen Bo possessed: petty, vindictive, and unable to tolerate any kind of offense. If he held a grudge towards someone, he would simply carry out that grudge to the bitter end. Since this was the case, whatever schemes he had planned in his head, Nie Yan was ready to receive them all!

“Nie Yan, you son of a bitch, I’ll remember this! F*ck your ancestors down to the eighteenth generation! I’ll kick your ass if you’ve got the guts to fight me!” Chen Bo was foaming at the mouth with anger.

“You’d be useless in that aspect as well. Maybe you should bring a few people with you too; otherwise, it’d be too boring.” Nie Yan was unfazed by Chen Bo’s outburst. He turned around and called out to Dumpling and his group. “Come pull him up. We still need to continue the run.”

As Dusk, Tang Yao, and the others glanced over, they felt Nie Yan had tormented Chen Bo into quite a miserable state.

「System: Player Chen Bo has withdrawn from the team.」

Chen Bo felt too embarrassed to stay any longer, so he gave himself an out by leaving the team.

“Good! Since that annoying fellow has left, let’s continue with the run. We’re better off without him anyway.” Nie Yan felt Chen Bo acted rather tactful by leaving when he knew he was unwelcome.