Chapter 45 - Specialist Difficulty

“Featherfall Jewel? What kind of item is that? We’ve run this dungeon five or six times in the past and we’ve never once gotten any ‘Featherfall Jewel,’” Dusk exclaimed in surprise.

Dusk didn’t know what the Featherfall Jewel was because it was only a drop on the Specialist difficulty. Moreover, it’d only drop from the Treant King. The dungeon’s difficulty changed depending on the overall level of the team—if there were more high-level players in the team, the dungeon’s difficulty would increase to compensate.

If players wanted to clear the Specialist Treant Forest, it definitely wouldn’t be an easy task. Even the elite teams from large guilds would have quite a hard time in clearing the dungeon. With this fact in mind, the Featherfall Jewel’s value became even more apparent.

“You’ll know when the time comes,” Nie Yan replied in a dull tone.

Dusk felt slightly puzzled. However, after giving it some thought, he realized since Nie Yan wasn’t telling him now, he’d eventually find out with the rest of the team later!

“This Tang Yao’s equipment is a bit strange. He’s clearly an Arcane Mage, but why is he wearing the Fire Chaser set?” Dusk asked in a confused tone.

Normally, with the way equipment distribution was managed in teams, the Elementalists of the team would definitely have priority on drops such as the Fire Chaser set. So, it was quite strange for the set to be given to an Arcane Mage.

Nie Yan replied with a faint smile but didn’t bother explaining.

Tang Yao slightly reddened in embarrassment upon hearing their conversation. He really did have somewhat of a guilty conscious when wearing this Fire Chaser set. However, this made him even more determined. He definitely needed to get a hold of a first-rate equipment set for his class with his own power. Only then could he gain some confidence and have some self-respect for himself.

“Nie Yan, how did you meet the Holy Empire’s guild leader?” Yao Yao asked. Her bright and curious gaze made her appear especially cute.

“In reality, it isn’t as amazing as you’re all thinking it to be.” Nie Yan then narrated yesterday’s events to Yao Yao. However, he left out the matter regarding the Chapter of Courage.

“I still can’t help but think you’re quite amazing,” Yao Yao earnestly said. However, if this matter wasn’t related to Sleepy Fox, she also wouldn’t have thought this highly of Nie Yan.

“I still feel the event was a little strange. Why would a dragon all of a sudden invade the town for no reason? Generally, Elite- and Lord-class monsters don’t leave their territories,” Dusk curiously remarked. He still remained quite puzzled over the whole situation. Calling this sort of event rare was quite an understatement.

Nie Yan glanced at the Chapter of Courage in his bag. He sincerely hoped no one connected the appearance of the Guardian of Order with him.

“What’s so strange about that? The game developers probably had the monster siege the town as an event for the players. You know, to spice things up and add some excitement. Something like this isn’t rare at all in these sort of games,” Tang Yao said in a matter-of-fact tone. His comment had unintentionally aided Nie Yan by explaining the matter away.

“Ah, you’re probably right.” Dusk nodded in agreement.

After the party of twenty players passed through a wide open prairie, they were met with a lush and verdant forest at the base of a faraway mountainside. There an eerie mist lingered, appearing as if it would encircle the dense forest eternally. This area was a well known twenty-player dungeon—Treant Forest. It took more than ten minutes of travel time to reach this destination from Tellak town.