Chapter 145 - Explosive Levelling

Occasionally, when Ignore Level proc'd, Tang Yao's spells would deal over 100 damage, but they usually didn't exceed 10. Even then, his DPM (damage per minute) was still quite significant because he was making up for the low damage per hit with the sheer number of spells he was outputting.

The Lord-class Scaled Frog's health fell at a constant pace. Even though it wasn't by much, it still gave Nie Yan and Tang Yao hope of seeing an eventual end.

This was a Level 30 Lord!

It couldn't be compared to an Elite!

In his past life, when a player encountered a Lord-class monster in the wilderness, they would immediately notify their guild. Hundreds of members would then be mobilized to deal with it because Lords were often the sparks for many major guild battles. Lords would usually drop Dark Gold-grade equipment upon death. However, if the player was lucky, then Legendary-grade equipment fragments might drop. Even with terrible luck, they were guaranteed equipment of at least Gold-grade which could be sold for quite a bit of money.

Now, under Tang Yao's intense barrage of spells, the Lord-class Scaled Frog's health was being gradually chipped away, 99.9%, 99.8%...

Even though the battle was progressing at a snail's pace, Tang Yao and Nie Yan were nonetheless in high spirits.

If they successfully killed it, then everything would be divided between just the two of them. Just how much experience would they receive?

For the time being, Nie Yan wouldn't know the answer to that question. Even back in his prime, he had never killed an equal level Lord-class monster with just two people, let alone one that was of a much higher level than him. Now, however, he was accomplishing feats that he would have never dared to attempt or imagine were possible in his past life!

"Nie Yan, do you know how much experience a Lord-class monster will give? This guy is so tanky. He has more than ten times the health of an Elite," Tang Yao asked, his mind trembling from excitement. He just couldn't imagine it.

Would he level up once, twice, or maybe even more?

"You'll probably go up two or three levels. Focus on attacking. If you slow down, its health will start recovering," Nie Yan answered. Thankfully, Tang Yao's magic power was high enough. Adding the Ignore Level Difference procs, his damage was quite impressive. If it were any other Mage, they probably wouldn't even leave so much as a scratch on this Lord-class Scaled Frog's health.

"Don't worry. My damage output won't stop."

Compared to before, Tang Yao had shown remarkable improvement. As for a relatively mindless task like this, he absolutely wouldn't make any mistakes.

I should prepare some Magic Power Potions for next time, Nie Yan thought. If Tang Yao's Magic Power was increased, hunting monsters would go by much faster. However, they were relatively expensive. A batch of potions with Magic Power +20 would sell for at least 3 silver per bottle. If their effects were more potent, they would fetch an even higher price. For him, though, money was not the issue. It was the fact that, at this point in time, they were rare and thus difficult to obtain from the marketplace.

While contemplating, he continued to carefully monitor the movements of the Lord-class Scaled Frog. Thanks to Tang Yao casting spells from higher ground, it was currently still in a state of confusion with no idea of where the attacks were coming from, leaving it with no choice but to blindly move around in the hopes of spotting its aggressor. He had a higher attack range than Tang Yao with the crossbow, being able to shoot from almost 40 meters away, so if it wandered out of Tang Yao's cast range or approached too closely to Tang Yao's position, he would be able to immediately fire at it from a safe distance and lure it back. His crossbow bolts were shot from level ground, so the Scaled Frog would always move toward whichever direction he fired from. However, since there were no follow-up shots, it would eventually stop investigating after moving several steps. As a result, the Scaled Frog was never able to wander off too far or too close.