Chapter 149 - A Sentiment Known as Comradery!

Among the many famous Thieves from Nie Yan's past, Skinny Dog was the most brutal and cunning. With his treacherous methods of mounting sneak attacks, he was known for being as annoying to deal with as a giant wad of gum. As soon as he found a target, he'd latch on and never let go. Willing to chase an opponent to the ends of the earth if it meant he could kill them, it was precisely such tenacity that had allowed him to hunt down a Shadow Dancer in the previous timeline.

As for the Elementalist, he was called Underworld Flame. He couldn't quite seem to remember, but if he recalled correctly, he was a Great Mage in his past life. Anyhow, since he had a little fame, then his skill couldn't be too lacking either.

Five balls of fire condensed on the tips of Underworld Flame's fingers. Just as you would with a toy, he began playing around with them as they spun and danced above his hand.

"Now how should we play with them?" Underworld Flame's eyes narrowed as he stared at Nie Yan who was less than thirty meters away. The atmosphere suddenly became incredibly tense.

"I heard that Nirvana Flame is an expert. It'd be such a shame if he was killed just like that. I really wanted to have a go at him," Skinny Dog said with slight regret.

Yu Lan (Blue Feather) and her team had already gotten into formation, but they didn't dare to rashly act lest the enemy penetrate their defensive line. Under an assault from over three hundred players, they would die without leaving so much as their ashes, much less a complete corpse.

This was an unavoidable defeat!

They were outnumbered fifteen to one. Not even God would be able to save them from their imminent demise!

"Nie Yan, what are we going to do?" Tang Yao anxiously asked. He never thought they would come across such a calamity. This was facing almost certain death. Even if they were stronger, how could they possibly break out of an encirclement of this scale?

No matter how amazing the player was, it would still be impossible!

The players in front of them weren't like the common fodder that could be seen walking everywhere around the city streets and low-level zones. No, they were Victorious Return's elites!

Since they found a chance to surround Nie Yan and Tang Yao, why would they possibly let them get out of this alive?

Even individually, Yu Lan and her team might not be able to go toe to toe with the players on the other side. As for Nie Yan and Tang Yao, they could probably take on more than ten of them by relying on their skill and level advantage; several dozen-now that would be as hard as scaling the heavens; however, to take on over a hundred each? Unless godly equipment sets were to somehow fall out of the sky and land right in front of them, they wouldn't stand a chance!

An individual player might be able to outlevel, outskill, or outgear other players, but they would never become invincible.

"There's far too many of them," Bai Kaishui (Plain Boiled Water) said as beads of cold sweat dripped from his forehead.

"Heaven Breaker sure thinks highly of us. These guys are all top-ranking members of Victorious Return. Just a hundred would've been enough to deal with us, but he actually sent three times that to be safe. I guess our reputation really does precede us," Nie Yan said in an unperturbed manner.

As Yao Yao stared at Nie Yan, she couldn't make out the slightest hint of worry in his expression. She couldn't help but admire that about him. In such an abysmal situation, he was still able to keep a cool head.

Any and all escape paths were entirely blocked off. It seemed Heaven Breaker really wanted them dead!

Nie Yan had never forgotten that Victorious Return was after his head. It was just that he didn't fear them while in the wilderness. Even if over several hundred of their members were chasing after him, he was still confident that he would be able to make his escape. However, he had been too cocky. Today, this wasn't a pursuit but rather an encirclement!