Chapter 51 - Dark Elves

This chest wasn’t locked so Nie Yan stretched out his arm and opened it.

「System: Opening chest… Estimated Completion: 37%… 53%…」

「Click!」The treasure chest’s lid popped open. Nie Yan reached in and dug around. For the most part, items found inside dungeon chests were generated randomly, so anything could appear. Now it was all just a matter of luck.

After digging around for what seemed like half a day, Nie Yan picked up a skill book and a necklace from the chest.

Ah! It’s an accessory. Guess my luck isn’t too bad. Nie Yan felt pleasantly surprised. Accessories such as rings, necklaces, and medallions were the rarest type of equipment players could receive. Since they were so difficult to find, they fetched a high price on the marketplace and most players could only leave their accessory slots empty.

Forest Necklace
Properties: Unidentified

Nie Yan appraised the item using Transcendent Insight.

Forest Necklace (Silver)
Requirements: Level 0
Properties: Defense 2–3, Dexterity +2, Awareness +1
Weight: 1 lb
Restrictions: None

What a good accessory! It’s a Silver-grade necklace! Nie Yan felt quite elated. He then turned to look at the skill book. It’s a Lesser Heal skill book! The Lesser Heal skill was the lowest level healing skill of the Priest class. However, it was difficult to acquire since its skill book could only be found within dungeons. This was also one of the reasons its market price remained so high, to the extent it was even more valuable than some Silver-grade equipment. Having received the Forest Necklace, Nie Yan didn’t mind too much about losing the Lesser Heal skill book. If he were to place it up for auction, he’d only receive around three silver. Such an insignificant sum wasn’t worth batting his eye over.

Nie Yan descended the cliff and met up with the team.

“We’re pretty lucky. The chest dropped a necklace and a Lesser Heal skill book. You guys can have the skill book since I don’t need it, but I’ll be taking the necklace,” Nie Yan said. He didn’t have to pay a single cent when taking an item. On the other hand, Yu Lan (Blue Feather) and her team had to share their profits with Dusk and Tang Yao. After all, the two were invited here and couldn’t just leave empty-handed.

“It’s a Silver-grade necklace!” Bai Kaishui’s (Plain Boiled Water) and the others’ eyes practically fell out of their sockets. A Silver-grade necklace! Now just how much was that worth? The group watched in anguish as Nie Yan put the necklace away. Ah, it’s such a pity… Why does it have to belong to someone else?

“If it weren’t for him finding this chest, we would’ve never gotten this Lesser Heal skill book in the first place. It would be better if we just buy this skill book off of you, Brother Nie,” Yu Lan said. She wasn’t willing to take advantage of Nie Yan’s generosity. The skill book was brought back by his own efforts. They hadn’t done anything to help at all.

“Since you put it that way… I’ll be straightforward and sell it to you. The market price for a Lesser Heal skill book is around three silvers, possibly even more. However, I’ll lower the price and sell it to you for cheaper—two silvers! How does that sound? This price can’t be considered disadvantageous to you, right?” Nie Yan replied. He wasn’t the least bit reserved in agreeing to Yu Lan’s request.

“Couldn’t you have just politely declined instead?” Yao Yao interjected, stamping her feet.

Nie Yan calmly laughed and replied, “Since someone is so adamant about spending their money, why should I refuse? Only fools would refuse money. If you want this Lesser Heal skill book, I can give it to you. Even if you wanted ten of them, I would still help you find them. However, your captain wants to buy it instead because she doesn’t want to owe me any favours. Let’s say I disregard her sentiments and politely refuse her offer… Even if you wouldn’t mind me being a hypocrite, I’d still be despising myself for being one.”