Chapter 170 - Kill Stealing

After finishing his business with the Union of Assassins, Nie Yan checked the level leaderboards. Currently in first place was Tang Yao at Level 25 followed by Heaven Breaker at Level 24. Although Heaven Breaker was consistently a level behind Tang Yao, the gap between them was actually growing wider.

Eh, you're out?」Tang Yao sent a message.

Yep, I'm finally out.

Wanna join back up with us to hunt Scaled Frogs?

Nah, I've got some stuff to do. Go on without me. Besides, the experience should still be pretty good, even at your level,」Nie Yan replied.

Overtaking the top players on the leaderboards wasn't difficult. It wouldn't make much of a difference if he put off levelling for a few days. Ranking up his Lockpicking Specialist skill would be a better use of his time. Otherwise, he'd be helpless when he encountered a locked chest on higher level maps.

The guild treasury was filled with no less than five hundred pieces of Level 30 equipment. Some of it was from his time in the quest map, but most of them came from Tang Yao and the others who contributed around four hundred pieces of equipment. They had killed several dozen Sub-Elite and Elite Scaled Frogs every single day for the last week or so on a non-stop grind.

The frightening quantity of high-level equipment in the treasury left the guild members speechless! However, they also felt a little depressed. Though it was nice to see so many pieces of high-level equipment, none of them were even close to Level 30, so they wouldn't be able to use all of that equipment for a long time. Plus, there was a severe shortage of low-level equipment in the guild!

What are you busy with?」Tang Yao blankly asked.

I found a Lockpicking skill recently, but it's still only at Junior rank. I want to raise it a bit before heading off to a high-level map.

Nie Yan planned to hop from one place to the next opening chests, mainly to improve his Lockpicking Specialist skill. It would also give him an opportunity to pick up some more low-level equipment for the guild. He felt it was about time he started collecting the other chapters from the Book of Order as well.

Oh, so it's like that... Alright, I see then.

Did you clear your red name yet?

Yeah, it's cleared, but I still didn't find a Slaughter Fiend Medallion.

Really? I guess you're pretty unlucky. So be it then...

Despite his casual reply to Tang Yao, he was confused that the Slaughter Fiend Medallion didn't drop. There was no mistake, he knew for a fact that Scaled Frogs dropped the Slaughter Fiend Medallion. Was it possibly due to Tang Yao's red name not being severe enough...? No, that was impossible! He had killed almost a hundred players!

At times, luck came in waves you were helpless to resist. Other times, you could be so down on your luck it was like you were stuck in a deep pit.

Arriving at the Starry Night Potion Shop, Nie Yan upgraded it to a Tier 4 shop. He also found that Bird had hired many Tinkerers, Scroll Makers, Disassemblers, etc. Basically, anyone who had reached the Master rank in their respective crafting profession in the previous timeline was scouted out by the Starry Night Potion Shop. Its formidable financial fortunes swayed the hearts of many. Some of them signed on immediately, while others chose to wait and see. Even though the Starry Night Potion Shop dominated the market for Alchemists, there was no guarantee of similar results in other markets. However, the invitation from the Starry Night Potion Shop did ensure that the ones who didn't join straight away wouldn't rashly accept an offer from another power.