Chapter 52 - Einpat's Flute

Both elves turned their backs and frantically dashed towards the ravine’s exit. Like a pair of hares, their movements were quite nimble. Nonetheless, they were quite fragile as well and only had around a hundred health. A single round of spells was enough to kill them instantly.

“You want to run? In your dreams!” As if he were an arrow released from a bow, Nie Yan quickly shot out from behind.

The rest of the group trailed him and followed in pursuit.

Right now, Yu Lan’s group should’ve already blocked off the exit.

Before the two elves made it too far, they were immediately stopped in their tracks upon reaching the ravine’s passage. Sure enough, Yu Lan and her group had already arrived and firmly stood in place, blocking off the elves’ only path to freedom.

They were already trapped with no hope of escape!

The two elves quickly glanced at each other before dashing towards the cliff face. When they had scaled three meters of the cliff, Nie Yan arrived right behind them and suddenly leaped into the air. He reached out with his arm and managed to grab one of the elves by the leg. He then extended his left hand and shot out a line of webbing from his Silk Spinner Ring. As the web line wrapped itself around the other elf’s leg, he pulled back sharply and flung the two elves off the cliff face.「Crash!」Their bodies made heavy contact with the ground, causing a cloud of dust to form and rise in the air.

With Nie Yan’s Dexterity and jump range being so high, his range of movements and speed were astonishing to a frightening degree. These two dark elves simply weren’t his match.

Shortly after the rest of the team arrived and surrounded the two elves, the Mages raised their staffs and prepared to unleash a rain of spells.

“Ryeehgh… Ryeghkh…” The two elves revealed pleading expressions on their faces.

“Hold up! Don’t kill them for now.” Nie Yan’s heart jumped in excitement. In his previous life, the player only needed to kill these two elves and Einpat’s flute would drop. When they handed the flute back to Einpat, they could proceed with the dungeon. However, he had never come across a situation such as this, where the elves wouldn’t fight back and instead pleaded for their lives.

In his previous life, the highest completion rate attained for this dungeon was only around seventy-five percent. Even ten years into the game, no one beat the dungeon to full completion. Yet at present, he couldn’t say for sure these two elves wouldn’t lead him to any information regarding the missing twenty-five percent.

When he was Level 4 in his previous life, the stats of his game character simply couldn’t compare with his stats right now. At that time, he was only an average low-level player, unable to obtain even a simple set of Bronze-grade equipment for himself. There was no need to even mention ludicrous aspirations such as attaining the legendary Chapter of Courage. In short, the Dexterity and jump range of his previous character were too inadequate. Let alone capturing these dark elves, even overtaking them was impossible. Therefore every team at the time—including his own—could only blast them with magic when they attempted to scale the ravine’s walls.

With their two bodies curled up like potato bugs, the two elves knelt on the ground and gazed at Nie Yan with begging expressions in the hopes that he would spare their lives.

The elves spoke in an ancient language Nie Yan wasn’t proficient with, the language of the elves. However, from their body language and expressions, he could roughly tell they were begging for forgiveness.

“Who here can speak Elvish?” Nie Yan turned around and asked the team.

The surrounding team members gazed at each other before shaking their heads. They only knew one language in the game, and that was the common language spoken in the empire. As for Elvish? From the start, let alone understanding it, no one had even heard of its existence before.