𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐊𝐢𝐝 𝐎𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

Bananarama | Cruel Summer

◁◁   ▐ ▌   ▷▷

" The city is crowded, my friends are away
And I'm on my own
It's too hot to handle,
so I got to get up and go "

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

♡ Harley's Pov ♡

Harley's Pov

"1:20" I whispered to myself.

I bounced my foot up and down continuously on the carpet floor. My head was down on the desk with my closed notebook. My eyes are on the board but my attention is on the ticking sound of the clock across the room, the teacher's voice now just in the background. Yawns and sniffles were heard as Mrs.Donkey gave us advice for next year.

1:17 was the time.

I sat back with arms crossed now bouncing my foot faster as I grew more and more impatient. Three more minutes I thought. Though it seemed an eternity for me.

"Remember next year as ninth graders you will set an example for the younger ones on campus." She said pausing to look at us making sure we were paying attention.

Suddenly the silence was cut off by the bell. The whole class cheered and quickly stood out of their seats packing their stuff. I had already been prepared for this moment, I had my backpack on, so all I did was make my way out the door.

"Make sure to behave and follow directions. Have a good year everyone!" Mrs. Donkey yelled as I walked out. I got my skateboard out and began riding home.

I made my way out of school pretty fast thanks to being the first person to leave. I rode into the streets on my board.

Finally, it's summer. The best time of the year is now here. The only word to describe what I'm feeling is freedom. Freedom from tests, homework, disgusting lunch food, annoying classmates, and teachers.

The sun is even starting to shine brighter.

"HEY WAIT! HEY!" A familiar feminine voice yelled from behind me. I rolled my eyes stopping my board. I wait for her to catch me.

"God you're fast," She said out of breath.

"Not really. You're just very slow" I reply. She laughs while I begin picking up my pace.

"Where are you going?" She asks running up behind me.

"Home. Where else would I go?"

"I don't know" She sighed. "Hey, how about you come to my house tomorrow? We can like have a sleepover or something." She began rambling about things we could do at her house.

"I don't know. I don't even know where you live" I said.

"Oh don't worry I have the address right here" She began to unzip her backpack. Can't this girl take a hint?

"Where is it? Oh, it's here " She pulled out a crumbled piece of paper and gave it to me. I shook my head and took a look at it. The address was familiar but I can't seem to remember from where.

"Look Dayanna you're cool and everything but I'm not looking forward to seeing you this summer. You know I don't-"

"You don't do friends because people disappoint you" She continues for me. "I know, I know. You tell me that every time. But I'm not like other people. I won't ever do anything to harm you purposefully. Besides, you don't want to be lonely all summer while everyone else is having fun hanging out with their friends, right?"

I looked away to think for a moment. Dayanna has been a good friend to me. Although I like to think of her more as my minion, she has shown me that she has the qualifications to be considered my friend.

I mean, ever since defended her from her bully, she hasn't stopped following me around like a dog trying to become my friend. I know what you're thinking, pretty badass of me.

"Fine. I suppose one visit won't hurt" I say making her face light up.

"Yes! Ok well see you tomorrow" She yelled as she ran to her house.

I laughed to myself and continued to skate home.

It was all good until I saw my brother and his friends walking home ahead of me. I decided to stop skating and walk on the sidewalk behind them, keeping my distance. To avoid making contact with them.

I don't like the idea of associating myself with his friends that much. All his friends are puny losers. Well except for one of them.

Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez.

Hmm just thinking about him makes me smile. He's my childhood crush and current one too. He's just so handsome. I dated him in the first grade. Best moments of my life. Unfortunately, it only lasted three weeks. We broke it off because he chose to play baseball instead of going on a date with me. I'm over it now though don't worry.

Anyway, my brother is Hamilton Porter, the most annoying human being on earth. Nothing is relevant about him.

And looks like they're gone now.

I make my way to my house but before going in I notice there is a U-Haul rental trailer parked on a house in the neighborhood. Looks like someone just moved in.

The person caught me staring and waved at me. It was some strawberry blonde kid who was taking out boxes from it. He smiled while waving at me. I waved back and then quickly went back into the house.