𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫

Harley's Pov

Stupid Cupid played from my record player while I brushed my terribly tangled hair. I hadn't precisely planned on doing my hair this morning or dressing out entirely for that matter.

Ham woke me up early to yell at me to get dressed and then he left for the sandlot with Benny.

I thought that was odd since normally he leaves at around eight thirty. But I've learned not to question anything Ham does and just mind my own business.

It's been two days since the storm. I brought a saddened Jordan home that day and explained everything to Karen starting from Oliver to finding out Mr.Phillips was engaged and had a baby with another woman.

Karen assured me she knew about it and then told me to leave

I haven't seen any of the Phillips since. But I was really hoping to. I was really getting used to seeing him every day.

After fixing my hair into a middle parted low bun. My wardrobe consisted of an ankle length floral, baby blue dress that was perfect for the hot weather.

It was founder's day, which means there was a big parade at the park so I had to dress my best. Mom left me a pair of lace gloves and white flower-shaped earrings on my vanity to add a finishing touch. Putting everything all together, I'd have to admit; I looked good.

I always pretend to be a confident version of myself but truthfully, I was probably the most insecure person ever.

I hated my freckles. I hated my ugly red hair. I hated nearly my entire body. But I was learning to hide those feelings and replace them with the things I loved about myself.

I loved my colorful eyes. I loved my rosy cheeks. And I loved my boyfriend.( I know that's not a part of my body but still.)

"Harley!" My father called out.

"Coming!" I yelled back, applying red lipstick on my lips as my finishing touch. With that, I ran out the door and got in the car with my parents.

Before getting out, I grab Bacon by his leash and lead him into the car with us. Since it was Founders Day there would be lots of competitions, raffles, and games for everyone. So I wanted to bring my dog just to see what competition we could join.

When we got to the park where the event was being held, we began walking around the place.

Circus music, popcorn machines, drums, and games.

The event was decorated with lots of white, yellow, and red. people dressed up as clowns that were twice the human size.

It was the middle of summer but somehow it didn't feel like that today. There was a lot of color and brightness which was quite refreshing to see. Birds were constantly chirping and plants were greener than ever.

Founders day was technically a county fair for the town to participate. A man juggling bowling pins, clowns acting silly taking his hat off to greet people and tall men that wore stilts to appear twice my size were only some of the epic attractions at the fair.

Carrying a basket with food, I trudged to my mothers side as she and my father talked. Across from me were kids waiting in line to get their faces painted. They were having fun.