*10*

_______________________________________________________
Song recommendation: Without you- The Kid LAROI
_______________________________________________________

He never thought he would feel Jimin's absence as he did today. 

Seeing his empty chair in class had set loose a wave of worry and guilt, but when he hadn't shown up all morning, that worry turned into actual fear. 

Was Jimin all right?
Was he still mad about what Jungkook said?
Or had he not been the only one about to do something very stupid yesterday? 

He was a moment away from standing up from lunch in the cafeteria and walk out the school to find him. 

"Yeah, he's probably still passed out. Jimin was so fucking drunk last night at Chung-Ha's party."

His head snapped around, his gaze landing on the table to their left were Jackson, second party King after Jimin sat with a mouth full of mashed potatoes. The other's around him were clinging to his gossip like hungry hyenas.

"I'm not kidding, guys. He couldn't even walk straight. Some dude picked him up though. He said he knows Jimin and that they were friends, even though I've never even seen him around. Lucky bastard. Probably had the night of his life. Even drunk Jimin is worth it."

Jungkook grew very, very still in his seat, his friends sitting around him oblivious of his mood change. There was a flicker of relieve, knowing that Jimin was only missing because of a hangover. But that feeling was quickly overshadowed by the amount of rage filling his body. 
How dare they talk about him like he was only a slap of meat to be passed around?
Jimin was a person too! And yet no one had stopped some stranger from taking their drunken friend?
What kind of people were they and why had Jimin willingly traded the Hyungs and him for their fake friendship? 

"I don't know Jackson," a girl across from him spoke, sipping at her iced-latte. "I mean Jimin is cute and all, but that other boy, wow- he was one handsome fella. If he had asked me to go with him, I wouldn't have thought twice." 

Did it matter what he looked like? They just let some stranger take Jimin while he was intoxicated and clearly not in his right mind? What if it was a psycho or a murderer? 

"Yo, JK. Why the long face?" Jin joked, poking his ribs.
Jungkook was so startled, he dropped his spoon, looking over to the oldest with big eyes. 
Jin, as usual, only drank his iced-water.
According to the him, the food here was too much of a disgrace to even be called food and he usually cooked a grand dinner anyway, so he skipped lunch more often than not.
Jin was not wrong. The food in the cafeteria was bland and overcooked, but that wasn't the reason he no longer felt hungry today. 

"Nothing. I was just worried about Hoseok. How's he feeling?" 

The three of them glanced to the empty seat where Hoseok usually sat. No wonder it was more quiet and solemn today with their bubbly sunshine missing. 

"You know how his parents get, JK. As soon as has the slightest sniff, they make him stay at home. He texted me this morning that he'll probably stay at home for the next three days, but he's fine.", Namjoon explained. Jin let out a deep sigh. 

"I wish I had his parents... He's probably chilling right now, watching movies and playing video games. And we have to be here..."

It was true. Hoseok often missed school, so it stopped being such a surprise a while ago, but Jungkook could hardly tell them the truth: He was still worried about Jimin and felt guilty because of what he had said to him.
He had to make it right

Jimin didn't show up the next day either, but texted Namjoon that he was doing fine and 'quote' Hanging out with an old friend. Maybe he'd known the stranger after all. It still didn't sit right with Jungkook.