*11*

_____________________________________________________
Song recommendation: If I could Fly--One Direction
_____________________________________________________

He let his feet dangle into the nothingness below as he sat on the edge of the roof.
Jimin loved coming here, especially after such an exhausting day. 

He'd done his best to ignore Jungkook all morning.
He made the decision before coming to school.

Fine: if Jungkook wanted to be left alone and deal with his own shit, he would let him.
But what he hadn't expected, was the younger boy's stares and attention on him.
Every time the tall one's eyes skipped towards him, his body had tensed, his skin prickling as his heartbeat shot up. He felt like a deer caught in headlights as he fought against the urge to look back. It was ridiculous. 

He closed his eyes while leaning back on his hands, letting the sun on his face drive away the icy mood of this day. At least some piece and quiet where he didn't have to pretend to have fun and be fine.

The last three days had been a series of up and downs. He would be happy and laughing- truly laughing with Taehyung.
He had forgotten how much fun his Ex-boyfriend could be, constantly making Jimin crack up or simply amusing him by being himself. Tae was just the same he'd always been and Jimin couldn't be happier to know he lost nothing of that inner child.
But the moment the blond had asked about something personal, his mood turned sour as he made up one lie after another. Now, he barely felt like himself anymore.
More like a made up character from a children's book: all platonic happiness and fake smiles. As with all halfway decent things in Jimin's life, they came with a high prize.

"You're not going to jump, are you?" 

Jimin nearly did fall all the way to the unforgiving stone-ground as the voice behind him spoke, his eyes flying wide. His body tensed, his muscles rigid as he did not so much as blink. 
Jungkook. 
Jeon Jungkook was on the roof, skipping class and officially breaking a rule.

"What are you doing here?" 

His voice was cold and emotionless, even as his heart beat rapidly in his chest.
It had, ever since that moment in the auditorium. Jimin tried to forget the look on Jungkook's face as he had inspected his reddened cheek, his fingers so endlessly gentle and his eyes radiating worry and concern.
Never had he imagined Jungkook to touch him like that.
HIM- the disgusting abomination of his religion and the embodiment of everything he hated in a person.

"I... I wanted to talk to you." 
Uncertainty and shyness flickered in his voice, just like when he first met Jungkook: all shy and drawn back. 

But this time, Jimin would not break so easily. Every time he had, it was him that ended up with pain and devastation.

"But maybe I don't want to talk to you, Jungkook. Seriously. You were the one telling me to stay away and leave you alone. I did. Shouldn't you be happy? Make up your mind and leave already." 

There was a long silence. 
Jimin still had his back turned to the other boy, staring out at the school ground ahead and below. Then there was a shuffling and a shadow fell on him as Jungkook sat next to him. 
His legs reached much further down than his as he leaned back on his arms, looking ahead as well.

"What are you doing?" he hissed at the taller, trying to keep his racing heart hidden. Jungkook was too close.
He looked at his side profile.

The sun hit him just right to make his features stand out. Jimin gawked. There was a reason a decent, good church boy like Jungkook still managed to be the talk of the school. 
Jungkook was beautiful.
His hair was growing out, already reaching to the nape of his neck and combed back neatly, not a strand out of place. His lips looked soft, his eyes were round and big and his nose absolutely adorable. He had the perfect mix of cute but sexy, alluring yet adoring. 

Jungkook turned his head... 
...and Jimin's mask broke as easily as porcelain hitting the ground as those dark, endless eyes stared into him. 
"I made up my mind, just like you said."