Chapter 16

The clearing, imagine the shelter made of stones in the middle
Adrien POV:

          While I was sleeping in my mates arms I started having weird dreams. I dreamed that I was in front of my pack house. I felt taller though, and stronger. Much stronger then I have ever felt in my life. The door to my pack house suddenly opened and alpha Simon was there and my sister was right behind him.

          If it was me in real life I probably would have cowered and tried to make myself small and protect my vital parts. Dream me however was much more confident. He didn't hesitate to step forward and let out a threatening growl. My voice sounded much deeper, that's weird. Alpha Simon took a step back and for the first time in my life I saw pure terror displayed on his face. He was scared, down right terrified of me.

        What? Since when? What is going on? Suddenly my muscles started tensing and stretching, and the familiar sense of sensitivity to sounds and smells came to me. My wolf form felt bigger, much to big for it to be me. Just what was going on here? Suddenly I felt something moving on my back. Unfortunately dream me didn't turn their head to check it out so I couldn't see what that was, but my mind was already starting to put the pieces together. The wolf slowly advanced, with every step I felt like the strong predator. With every step they looked more and more like the weak prey.

          Suddenly the wolf moved, faster than I could comprehend and suddenly alpha Simon hat a deep cut right across his neck. He fell to the floor, almost dead. The blood sipping onto the floor, sure to leave a stain.

          While looking at the body another thing got my attention. My shadow. With the light coming from outside my shadow had been elongated in front of me. I could see the wolf's form easily. And the shadow of two huge bat like wings being attached to my body. There is no doubt I was not in my body. This was my mates point of view. He is probably feeling some strong emotion and it transferred into our mental connection.

         Just as I realised this my mate's wolf moved once again. It slashed at my sister, a slash directed at her belly. It was a deep cut but I had a feeling that it would take a while for her to die. At least 10 minutes of pure agony if I were to guess. Then again maybe that's what my mate had wished. The girl who had abused me for 2 years, the girl I once called sister, the girl who I had known since I was a pup fell on the floor with a thud. She was crying and in clear pain.

       GOOD, SHE DESERVES IT!!

    "Whoa hold up. Those aren't my thoughts" I realized. I never felt so violent in my life?! What is going on?

          All of a sudden the dream shifted. I was in a clearing in the forest. A clearing that I knew all to well. It was the place where my parents brought us to have family time. It looked just how I remembered it. The same leaned down tree that we used to climb and push each other off of, the same hole that was always somehow filled with water and the same rocks placed in the shape of a cave that we would always used as shelter when it started raining.

             My dad had arranged them like that. That's what mom told me when I asked why the looked like that. She said that the first time dad brought her there it started lightly raining, but they could tell that it will get stronger soon. They didn't have time to go back so dad brought over some big rocks scattered all over the clearing and put them in the shape of a shelter. They stood there till the rain stopped, using the blanket they were gonna put on the ground for warmth.

             I felt calmer than before. I definitely felt better, safer I would say. I felt like nothing could hurt me here. I missed the place. My parents were buried here. There tombstones placed together right under the shelter. This was there favourite spot so it felt like the packs duty to bury them here. They were also killed here so I guess there is also that.

             I got over there deaths a while ago. I knew I couldn't mourn forever. Dad always told us that death is like the longest most charging sleep we'll ever get, but to get it we had to deserve it. And then we can forever sleep under the protection of the Moon Goddess. Mom was always full of life and energy. But I think she was always aware that she won't live forever. She was a warrior, and a damn strong one at that. She explained to us that being a warrior meant that she could get hurt, or killed but that meant that she went down doing something she loved. She loved fighting and protecting us. Dad too, but he was not much of a talker. Most of the time you had to go after his facial expression and to listen carefully to his words to understand what he meant.

           They loved us all a whole bunch. I hope they are peacefully resting. I hope they can't see us now. They would hate to see us like this.

          Soon the dream finished, no matter how much I wished it didn't. Thought the view I woke up to was kind of worth it.