Chapter 18

ADRIAN'S POV:

After that wired dream I woke up to seeing my mate naked with only a towel hanging loosely on his hips. A wired sound came out my throat. Like I was choking on something.

My mate looked at me and at that moment I got so flustered that I did the first thing that came to mind. I turned around dived my face into the pillows and then took the pillow to hold it making sure that it covered my face. I heard some shuffling and after a few minutes I felt the bed move under the weight of my mate. I hope he had a shirt on.

I heard the door slam open and I got so scared that the pillow flew out of my hands.

"WHAT'S UP FUCKERS!!"

It was the beta. He and my mate started arguing and it got me thinking about what happens when our pack members argue. Usually at the end of their fight they would take out all of their frustration on the closest omega present.

"- making the poor thing uncomfortable!"

All the arguments stopped. I tried to get rid of the tears on my cheeks.

"Hey Adrian sorry if we scared you we honestly didn't mean to."

"Yeah me too. This is just how we usually bicker and we didn't know it would upset you this much."

I can't believe I started crying for something so irrelevant.

       "I....I'm fine, I..." I was certainly not fine. In fact I am pretty sure I was on the verge of a panic attack.

          Then I heard a quiet whine and someone talking. They sounded mad, why did they sound mad? Did I do something? Did I forget to do something?

           A gentle hand was resting on my shoulder. I looked up and saw the other omega. The one I saw that night at the dinner. He had a kind look in his eyes.

         "Hey, no need to panic. Just breathe.... Those idiots were just fooling around. No one is actually mad at anyone. We are all safe."

          He kept talking, not to loudly but not whispering either. It sounded gentle. He started telling me stories. Not exactly old fairy tales, more like funny memories. Like when our mates tried to race and ended up up getting stuck in a blanket, or one time when he and his mate where arguing over the cleanliness of the room because Luke is a neat freak, or that time they dressed up as bunnies for the young pups to calm down. That last one actually made me laugh I tried not to be to loud. I liked the peaceful energy that we got in the room. 

         "What'chu talking about babe?" 

       Ruka looked at his mate and then turned back towards me. He looked kinda mad, but it didn't feel threatening....maybe it's because he was an omega but to me it felt more......teasing. His mate seemed to understand, he stepped back and raised his hand in a 'I surrender' kinda manner.

          "Well if you must know I was telling him about that time you guys dressed as baby bunnies to make the kids happy. I have pictures to so I'm gonna show him later."

           Both boys paled. They looked terrified. Why though?

          "Now Ruka lets all calm down and not do anything to drastic-"

"I agree. Come on baby you told me you burned those ages ago"

"I did burn the photos. I just kept the original photo saved in my gallery"

           I honestly couldn't help it when I laughed. Both boys were acting so silly and childish. Like these photos where their biggest worry. I was amusing.

        The boys begged for a while but Ruka didn't seem to eager to comply. He dragged me to his room and for the next 2 hours we watched the photos. The were so adorable. Some of them were even in wolf form! They were so INCREDIBLY CUTE!! Ruka seem very amused by this situation. If it was from my reaction or from the whining and groaning coming from the other side of the door, I don't know. After that we got out of the room. My mate immediately took me in his arms and said something about protecting me from the merciless bastard, wonder what that's about? The beta on the other hand took Ruka over his shoulder and said something about having a chat with his mate. Hope they are not mad about me seeing those photos. I looked up at my mate.

          "Is Ruka in trouble?"

          "Nah, no need to worry they're just playing, and no matter what it looks like, Ruka can beat the shi-crap out of Luke is he ever messes up too badly."

          "Oh, ok".

            I don't understand much of what's going on, but right now, safe in my mates arms, I am feeling incredibly sleepy. My mate must have noticed. He took us to our room and we both settled down for a dreamless nap.