( christmas party )

Chapter 32

ɴᴇᴠᴀᴇʜ' ᴘᴏᴠ

Today's task was changing the colour of our eyebrows. Human transfiguration hadn't been too hard on me, I found it quite interesting. For the first time in what felt like forever I enjoyed going to class again. I was looking at myself in the mirror and focused on my dark eyebrows. My goal was to make them as light as the snow was white outside.

"Crinus Muto"

I smiled as several of my eyebrow hairs slowly turned into a white colour. My eyebrows weren't completely white but it was a good start.

I looked to my right and smiled as Harry seemed to have done the exact same thing. Harry laughed and stood next to me. Both having some weird looking eyebrows we chuckled as we watched ourselves in the mirror.

"You know what these eyebrows would look good with? Christmas outfits." Harry stated.

"Now that you mention it, you would make a great santa." I chuckled and bumped playfully against his shoulder. Harry rolled his eyes and turned to me.

"That reminds me, do you want to come with me to the Christmas party?"

"I don't know Harry, parties aren't really my scene anymore."

"Come on, it'll be fun and I'm betting there's going to be lots of good food. Slughorn has a particularly good taste in food." Harry said smilingly.

"Wouldn't you rather bring someone else,
someone you like?" I asked, winking.

"I like you, Nev."

"You know what I mean."

"I'm not interested in anyone like that right now. So, will you come with me?"

Harry looked at me with his big bright green eyes. I couldn't say no to that face.

"Of course I'll come with you, Harry."

Harry smiled reluctantly and nodded his head to the mirror, reminding me that I still had two big bushy white eyebrows.

I checked myself out in the mirror one more time.

The dress I bought was definitely a good fit for me. It embraced my small body like it was made for me but it somehow made me look slightly taller which I loved.

I chose not to wear any high heels as they were way too uncomfortable for a party I didn't really want to attend anyways, I did wear heels but they were roughly two inches.

My makeup was simple, natural as I liked it. My hairstyle wasn't anything special too, I had tried to tie it up and leave to strands of hair loose, to frame my face. There wasn't anybody to impress, but I did like dressing up for the first time in what felt like years. I looked unrecognizable.

As I entered the common room to look for Harry I felt a few eyes burning on the back of my neck. I knew people probably didn't expect me to walk in all dressed up.

"Nev, you look- uh-"

I turned around, knowing who I'd face. There he stood, his cheeks turning a little redder matching the color of his messy hair something I always loved about him.

I opened my mouth to speak but not until a certain blonde girl found her way to Ron's side, her arm connecting with his. I had to admit, it wasn't something I liked seeing.

"Nevaeh, you're going to Slughorn's Christmas party?" Lavender asked, her eyes narrowing as she scanned my outfit.

"Yes, I am."

"Really? Why would Slughorn want you to come?" She asked, looking slightly disgusted. Ron eyed at Lavender with some look I couldn't figure out, maybe he agreed with her, I couldn't blame him after the way I treated him.

"Actually I'm-" I tried to find the words but when Ron looked straight into my eyes no words in my mind seemed to make sense anymore.

"She's going with me." Harry spoke, his hand gently grabbing mine. I felt slightly less nervous knowing Harry was with me.

"Have fun you two." Ron said, still looking into my eyes. His eyes were a deep brown color, intensely looking into mine. For some reason I couldn't look elsewhere, they were captivating me, holding me hostage.

"Good luck with that, sounds like a lame party to me. Let's go, Won-Won." Lavender pulled Ron with him, her nails clawing at his arms.

I watched them walk off, not being able to take my eyes off Ron. But then reality hit me, Ron was with someone else and I had to live with that if I liked it or not.

"Ready?" Harry asked.

"Ready."

The Christmas party wasn't anything special. Slughorn had sure outdone himself with the food and beverages but that was all really.

Hermione had joined Harry and me, hoping to avoid Mclaggen. She only invited him because she had no other options but regretted it now more than ever. I couldn't blame her, he liked himself a little too much. Hermione was telling us about how much she disliked Lavender when suddenly everyone's attention was caught by something, better said someone.

"Take your hands off me, you filthy squib!" Draco groaned in the hands of an unamused Filch.

"Professor Slughorn, sir. I just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party." Filch explained.

"Okay, okay, I was gatecrashing, happy?" Draco said but I could instantly tell he was lying. He was trying to hide what he was really doing in the upstairs corridors and he wouldn't be anything good.

"I'll escort him out." Professor Snape said.

"Certainly, professor."

They left but I wasn't satisfied. I had to know what Draco had been up to. But it appeared that I wasn't the only one wanting to know more.