( Albus Dumbledore )

Chapter 40

The following days passed in a blur of classes and studying, but Nevaeh couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered in the back of her mind. She found herself constantly watching Harry and Draco.

Despite her best efforts to focus on her studies and to enjoy the company of her friends, the shadow of impending danger loomed over her like a dark cloud. She couldn't shake the feeling that something terrible was on the horizon, and that Harry's secrets were somehow connected to it.

As the days turned into weeks and the end of term drew near, Nevaeh's anxiety only grew stronger. She listened to Ron joking with his twin brothers in the Gryffindor common room when suddenly a lot of commotion outside in the corridor caught their attention.

Instinctively Ron reached for Nevaeh's hand, pulling her to stand next to him. They walked through the portrait. A lot of panicked students crowded the hallway.

Nevaeh looked upwards, her eyes meeting Ron's. She felt him tightening his grip on her hand.

"What's happening?"

"Let's try to find Hermione and Harry." Ron suggested. Nevaeh nodded.

As Ron and Nevaeh navigated through the panicked crowd of students, their hearts pounded with fear and uncertainty. The air was thick with tension as whispers of dread filled the corridors. Nevaeh clung tightly to Ron's hand, her stomach twisting with anxiety.

Their eyes were scanning the crowd for any sign of their friends. Finally, they spotted Hermione's bushy hair amidst the chaos, and they hurried over to her side."What's going on?" Nevaeh asked breathlessly as they reached Hermione.

Hermione's eyes were wide with shock and sorrow as she looked up at them. "Death Eaters... They've entered the castle. And Snape... he... he killed Dumbledore."

A chill ran down Nevaeh's spine as Hermione's words sank in. The world around her seemed to blur as the weight of the news settled heavily on her shoulders. Dumbledore, their beloved headmaster, gone.

As they made their way to where Dumbledore's body lay on the ground, surrounded by grieving students, Nevaeh felt tears prickling at the corners of her eyes. She leaned into Ron's arm for support, her heart aching.

She spotted Harry, his expression one of devastation as he knelt beside Dumbledore's lifeless form. Without hesitation, she reached out and grabbed Hermione's hand as well. Drawing strength from their presence as they stood together in silent mourning. The sight of Dumbledore sent a shiver down Nevaeh's spine.

It was a reminder of the darkness that lurked beyond the walls of Hogwarts, a darkness that had now infiltrated the castle.