Cello

Phoebe frowns at James and Sirius, asking indignantly, "You lot bought me this?!"

Sirius grins at the Holyhead Harpies sweatshirt dangling limply in her hands. James snickers and says quickly, "It was Padfoot's idea!!"

"Sod off, Prongs," Sirius cries, flipping him the bird. Mia and Fleamont had gone off to visit friends, leaving the three friends to finish up gifts.

Phoebe sighs, eyes narrowed until Sirius throws a small box at her head. It bounces against her skull and she yells, "Ouch! You fucking git!"

"Open it, you harpy," Sirius says cheekily. Phoebe scowls and flicks a tiny flame into his lap, making him squeal like a girl.

Phoebe slowly opens the box, smiling at what she finds. A small gold signet ring with a grey stone lay in the box, gleaming up at her.

"You're proposing in front of my boyfriend," She asks teasingly, earning a chuckle from James. Sirius rolls his eyes and says nervously, "It's a family ring. Our family."

Her eyes widen as he continues, "The Black family ring holds some bad memories, but I always liked having it. So now, yours matches and it's our own new lineage. Brother and Sister."

Phoebe feels tears well up in her eyes as she slips it on. She quickly blinks them away and says quietly, "It's beautiful. Thank you, Sirius."

"Of course," He says gruffly, pulling her into a quick side hug. James snorts at the pair, their obvious aversion to affection apparent thanks to their upbringing. Sirius clears his throat from the emotion balling there and says quickly,

"I've got to write Marlene. She's all yours, Prongs."

Sirius leaves the two alone, Phoebe quick to eagerly turn to James and plead,

"Let me go first! Please!"

James smiles and nods his head, laughing when she places a neatly wrapped present in his lap. Her smile is nervous, but excited. He slowly unwraps the present and stares at a copy of the book on Veela that Dumbledore had given him months ago. He furrows his brow, glancing up at her.

"Open it," She says quietly, biting down on her lower lip. James opens the cover and a grin slowly works it's way onto his face. His eyes take in the beautiful loopy script that says

Survival Guide: Veela Girlfriend Edition

James laughs and turns to the first page, his smile widening at the words there.

For James, my best friend and favorite teacher. Here's to many more holidays spent with you.

Chapter 1: 'The Stag and The Harpy'

Phoebe flushes as she watches him read the first chapter. She'd spent the last couple of weeks writing each note and chapter carefully. He chuckles at the first chapter, his heart swelling as Phoebe lists off the traits of Veela and how best to handle them, examples all of things he's done for her.

There's jokes and doodles and explanations for her switching moods and faces. There's brief mention of her mother and pranks he's pulled on her. Even dates of when she first thought he was cute or nice or funny. His eyes trace the words over and over, secretly relishing the fact that she's noticed the tiny things he says or does around her.

Heat builds behind his eyes when he sees scrawling in the margins that reads 'I didn't know love until I knew you'

He couldn't remember ever receiving a more personal gift. He forced back the tears that threatened to leave his eyes, restraining himself so he doesn't tackle her to the ground and keep her there in his arms for the rest of time.