Chapter 13

So there is going to be a small time skip to the night that Wen Chao, Wen Zhuliu, Wei Ying, Lan Zhan and Jiang Cheng meet. The time since the last chapter follows the same plot as the live action. Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------

Third Person POV

Since the mass murder of the Wens at the Yiling base, tensions had been high. Some unknown force, with unknown power and unknown motives was out there. It had completely annihilated them. Its method of manipulating talismans revolutionary and unheard of and its presence was so dark and disturbing.

Some, like Jiang Cheng, thought that as long as this unknown was on their side, it didn't matter about their malevolent and ominous actions but others were extremely worried. What if it changed its target and they were next? They had no way to defend themselves.

The Lan and Jiang sect had been following Wen Chao's movements, always a few steps behind. The route was sporadic and changeable as if he was trying to confuse and escape something. The disciples had tracked the men into an abandoned inn and as the night had begun to descend, it was assumed that they planned to retire for the night. From a distance, they had watched over the building for hours but there was no movement.

It was decided that Jiang Wanyin and Lan Wangji would go and take a closer inspection before an attack was launched. 

They climbed up onto the roof careful not to alert the Wen below them. Once settled they removed a few tiles to see into the room before sealing the hole with a barrier so that they would not be detected. The awful sight below them caused both of the men to recoil in slight horror.

Cowering and shaking in the corner of the room was what they assumed to be Wen Chao. They could only assume it was him because he was almost unrecognisable. His hair had been burnt off of his head, his body emaciated and crippled and perhaps most dramatically, the arrogance that previously exuded from him was gone. Wen Zhuliu was there too. He looked rough, stressed and annoyed but was trying to mask it. The two looked so pitiful, it almost felt wrong that they were going to attack them. Almost.

Wind whistled through the cracks in the walls, wailing. The candles flickered casting shuddering shadows about the room. Hysterical, Wen Chao was screaming, repeating the same words over and over whilst Zhuliu tried to calm him.

"He's here! HE'S HERE! TAKE ME AWAY!"

But nothing happened. It kept repeating like that for almost an hour - wailing and crying - and then it changed.

Loud footsteps could be heard echoing up the staircase. Calculated and measured. All the candles were blown entirely out and then the flute started. The melody started out soft and sweet but dread filled the eyes of the two men below. We Chao was hidden behind Zhuliu and Zhuliu had drawn his sword. 

The footsteps got louder and clearer as they turned towards the room. The music reaching its crescendo. The flutist entered the room.

He was clad in a luxurious black outfit from head to toe. Black boots, long draped black skirts and a black belt. In his hair was a tattered and very recognisable red ribbon.

"Wei Ying?!?"

------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Thank you everyone for reading. I hope you like it. Please comment and vote! I am sincerely sorry for making everyone wait so long but things have been very hectic recently and I've not found the time to write.