Chapter 26

3rd Person POV

Jin Zixun was perhaps most delighted by this achievement of his cousin's. 

"How perfect! Who dares challenge my cousin? I bet no one can beat him!", he boasted in his snobbish, arrogant tone.

"I will", said Wei Ying

Everyone was quiet with anticipation. He had quite the reputation as an archer and although no one had seen him use his talent for a long time, everyone was tense to see what kind of masterful trick would ensue.

"Lan Zhan help me." said Wei Ying, "Let me borrow your forehead ribbon."

Everyone gasped. The Lan clan ribbons were practically sacred and were to be worn at all times. The only ones who could touch it were significant others and family. Although Wei Ying knew this he hadn't really thought about the implications of the statement. Neither by the looks of it had Lan Wangji who was about to offer it before he noticed the awestruck expressions and distress. He quickly went back to his emotionless form and refused.

"Ahh. Okay then, this'll do," Wei Ying stated before unwinding his forehead cuff and tying it as a blindfold. He then swaggered to the far end of the archery course and loaded his bow with five arrows. He drew back the bow and everyone watched as each of the arrows landed in the perfect centre of each of the targets. 

"There, all of the targets have been shot, I assume no one can do better than that. It is therefore unnecessary that this trial continues with its disgusting behaviour of tormenting the poor Wens."

"Well done Young Master Wei! I suppose we may as well just start. Everyone can enter from wherever." Reconciled Jin Guangyao.

The angry look on many of the Jin's faces showed the sect's anger at Wei Ying. He was messing around with their plans and undermining them. 

"Wei Wuxian, you really are shameless! You always have to be the best don't you. You can't just give Clan Leader Jiang a break even for a second. If you're really so amazing, I dare you to complete the whole hunt blindfolded!" Cried Jin Zixun.

"Whatever"

Wei Ying strolled off blindfolded. Of course,  Jin Zixun wasn't one of the few that knew of the full extent of Wei Ying's injuries and thus didn't know that he was blind anyway however just to humour the man Wei Ying decided that he wouldn't use any dark energy to see and would participate in his fully blinded state.

He wasn't actually bothered about the hunt and decided to take a nap in a random tree that he found. The hunt would go on for long enough that he was sure b the time he awoke their would still be monsters to catch and fun to be had. 

It was a while later - he could feel by the movement of the warming sun on his skin - when he was abruptly awoken by something but he couldn't ascertain what. Deciding it must just have been an animal he let down his guard and decided to have some fun. He would prove to the arrogant Jins not to mess with him or his family. He played a short piece on Chenqing before settling down and chuckling to himself.

Out of nowhere, he suddenly sensed a presence in front of him but surprise overtook him before he could make any moves to unblind himself. Strong, muscular arms grabbed his wrists and pinned them above him on the tree, capturing him before a pair of lips engulfed his own.

----------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hi! Thanks for reading! Happy 2 year anniversary for cql / the Untamed! If you have read the novel you will know where this is going hehe. Hope you enjoyed. Sorry that its so short but I wanted to leave it on a bit of a cliffhanger. (I know I am mean) Please Vote and Comment.