Chapter 30

3rd Person POV

Silence descended as Wei Wuxian was made the centre of everyone's attention.

"Nice to see that you have finally graced us with your presence." Mocked Jin Zixun

"You're welcome. Unfortunately, I come not because I would like to join in with the celebrations but because of a matter of extreme importance. I need to speak to you Young Master Jin Zixun", responded Wei Ying calmly.

"I am busy, it will have to wait."

"How long. How long will I have to wait?"

"I don't know. Perhaps six hours, or eight or ten or maybe tomorrow. Why should I talk to you?" Said the boy teasingly, rejoicing in his perceived upper hand before walking off to recommence his conversations.

"As I have mentioned, this is an important matter and as you have insisted on refusing a private council, I may as well say it here. 

Do you know of a man called Wen Ning?"

"Why should I know a Wen Dog, they're all disgusting and insignificant."

"Let me ask you again, Do you know a man called Wen Ning? Ahh, let me just jog your memory in case such as busy man as you has forgotten." He smiled a smirk full of hatred.

"Last week, you and some of your friends went to a previous Wen settlement, now being used as a sort of prison camp. You were in the midst of an exciting hunt but you and your fellow pathetic weaklings... oh wait 'valiant heroes' couldn't even get close to the monster so instead you felt the need to bring along a group of Wens and cover them in spirit attraction flags, using them as live bait.

The leader of that group, the one that spoke up in opposition, yes him - perhaps you remember now? - that was Wen Ning. And - I'll elaborate - when you idiots... talented cultivators still couldn't catch the monster, he was one of the ones you hideously beat. That was Wen Ning."

"So what if I remember him, what does it matter to you. They are just little Wen dogs they deserve to be punished. Are you defending those sinners?"

"It shouldn't matter to you whether I care for them or not. That 'Wen Dog' I have just described - Wen Ning, has done no wrong. First and foremost he is my friend - a truly worthy man who has fought for his beliefs and to protect his family, who at such a young age has still managed to overcome challenges and be brave. During the Sunshot campaign, Wen Ning and his sister Wen Qing are the only reason that my family could survive. He risked everything to protect us when he could of easily cast us away or turned us in, so that's why it matters to me."

"Everyone, lets calm down. It can't be that important. Stay for the banquet. I still need to discuss the matter of the Stygian Tiger Amulet." Added Jin Guangshan

"It is a matter of utmost importance. Forgive me but it's a recurring image stuck in my mind - your sect is the spitting image of the Wen Sect in its prime. It seems as though you have just slipped into the role - a natural replacement - but forgive me for confusing the two. I am not a patient man; if I want to kill someone, who will dare stop me? Jin Zixun, I'll only count to three!"

"Wei Ying!" Exclaimed Lan Wangji but he did not seem angry at the boy, just worried.

"One"

Jin Zixun had paled a bit but still retained some confidence.

"Two"

Again, Jin Zixun said nothing but as the darkness grew around the boy, fear was evident.

"Okay, if you care so much find him yourself at Qiongqi path!"