Chapter 47

3rd Person POV

In the final hours before the funeral, a commotion could be heard in the main hall.

" His body will come back to Lotus Pier with me so he can finally rest at his home!", shouted Jiang Cheng.

"How can you call it his home! Lotus Pier hasn't been his home for years! His home is here! His life is here!", Responded Wen Qing indignantly.

"No, I am his brother. I get to choose. You are an outsider - he is my family!"

"You ignorant hypocrite! Are you really his brother? His brother that disowned him and left him stranded in this pitiable situation without even a glance back! I am more his family than you; at least I never left him! Sure, I regret it turned out this way and it will haunt me forever that I had a part in hurting him so, but at least I was there for him. One of the things that hurt me most was watching him care for you so much, even in his last days, even when you had abandoned him. He always thought of you and how his actions would reflect on you. We allowed him a life of freedom. We are his new family!"

"A-Cheng, Wen Qing, please don't argue any more", Said Yanli through her tears.

Before either could retaliate, a shadow appeared in the doorway. Lan Zhan accompanied from a distance by his brother.

"Wei Ying will go with neither of you! I will decide and he will stay with me!", stated Lan Zhan resolutely.

At this, Wen Qing sensed her place and backed down but Jiang Cheng was too invested to turn around now.

"You know what, what right do you have? These past days you have been swanning around, making decisions, telling ME when I have the right to see my own brother. I'm tired of it. Why are you in charge? You hated him! In fact, I think you should get out of his home!"

Lan Zhan was rather angry now.

"What right do I have? I am his husband!", he declared loudly.

Shock was evident in the Jiang boy's face but less apparent in the faces of Yanli and Xichen. Well, they had both had enough of a suspicion. Of course, not quite to this extent but they weren't exactly unhappy to hear the news.

"What do you mean, 'you're his husband'?"

"I am his husband. We have been married for years now. I have a right because I always stood up for him. I have a right because I looked after him in his darkest moments. If I am not considered his family, what does that make you!"

Just at that moment (with impeccable timing), rushed in a crying A-yuan and an out of breath Granny Wen. A-yuan had big, fat tears rolling down his puffy cheeks and his eyes were slightly red and swollen.

"Mama! Mama!", He wailed, "Want Mama! Papa, where's Mama?" 

"I'm very sorry Lan Gongzi. He ran and I couldn't catch him."

Collectively, all the onlookers (minus the Wens) eyes boggled. A child. What was a child doing here crying and referring to an Zhan as his Papa?

They watched as Lan Zhan took the child in to his arms and held him close, rocking him slightly.

"Baby. Shh! Don't cry! Wipe your tears. You know Mama is gone. He is in the stars already looking down on you."

"But I miss Mama, I want to see Mama. I want a cuddle! Mama left me!"

"Mama misses you too but remember, he will always be there with you in your heart. It will be hard, but eventually you'll understand. Your Mama loves you... he loves you so so much but the stars took their angel back. They took your Mama away from us."

------------------------------------

Sorry for the short update! Please vote and comment!