4| Reunited

"She's finally home..."

Maximus (Dad)

My daughter is back. She's alive, they finally fucking found her...I'm going to see my principessa.

It's been so long since Janine took her, I was starting to fall deep into a spiral of grief knowing that I've missed so much of her life.

I was having lunch with the boys when I got a call from an unknown number. I was hesitant to answer but I thankfully did.

A nice lady called Karla told me they had done some research and found out about us after our Aurora had to leave her foster home because her foster parents were being investigated for drug distribution and some other shit.

It being a shock is an understatement. All this time we thought she was with her mom — I don't think can even call Janine that — and not living in foster care. My poor principessa must think we abandoned her.

When Karla told me about it and asked if I wanted custody I immediately said yes and started crying, I rarely do so. The boys got scared and thought the worst but when I hung up and explained we were all a mess.

Atlas was the most affected by it all at first. His other half is coming home and he hasn't stopped crying ever since. He's pacing around and cleaning. He never cleans. Alessandro and Quinn are still shocked about it but once it hits them they'll be bouncing on their seats.

Matheo...he's scared. I have a feeling in my gut he'll be an idiot and blow up on her. When Rora was born he was too young to remember it all but he does have the memories of his mother being all loving with him and then hit him out of nowhere, he was the only one she abused. So I get it but...he'll need to learn that his sister won't be like their mother.

I have to go to the airport in an hour, I want to bring her home myself so I'm flying to California in my jet and I'll fly her with me to the island. I don't want her traveling alone.

We had the maids prepare her room and of course I payed them extra for it. We bought some furniture and pretty cushions so she can feel at home. I want to see her already but yet...I feel all this guilt. Social services found my girl. Not me despite looking for her every damn day, I feel like a failure already.

Will she like us? Can she love us? How is she? Does she have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Gosh I hope not. I don't want my baby dating until she's 60. My sons are hard enough to handle, I'm sorry for their partners because they can be pretty damn energetic and the joking kind but it makes them even more lovable.

I get into the plane, trying and failing to calm my shaking hands as we take off. The boys were so pissed they couldn't come but I wanted to talk to her first without them all over her with questions and overbearing love — that comes afterwards because poor thing won't be able to escape from our cuddles.

Karla told me Aurora was admitted into the hospital but couldn't tell me why. She did tell me my Rora is okay and she'll be waiting for me at the airport.

It's been the longest flight of my life despite it being 3 hours long because I'm so damn nervous and an over thinker...what if she doesn't want to come with us? What if she's a rebel and runs away? No. My Rory is perfect no matter how rebellious or mean she can turn out to be.

I wait at the airport's parking lot, one of the advantages of having a private plane is that I didn't have to do any lines or check outs so I got outta there in like 15 minutes.

I'm leaning on the car I rented. I want to take her for dinner before we take off. I don't know if she has a fright for heights and won't be able to eat on the plane or something so I prefer to take her for food first.