12| Pregnancy

"She's strong enough, she just needs to believe in herself"

Aurora

All these meds are really making me feel nauseous. We're having breakfast together in the patio overlooking the pool and beach.

The cooks and I have come to an agreement. I'll be making breakfasts on weekdays and they'll do it on the weekends.

It's Friday and the guys already missed school yesterday. They wanted to stay with me until I fully recover but I told them not to because they really shouldn't miss school.

They'll go in an hour and knowing I'm gonna be away from my twin and Theo when they leave in an hour is making me feel bad things. I'm sad. I'm also not feeling too well. Again.

But I refuse to acknowledge that the symptoms I'm having indicate something I'm not ready to think possible. We ruled it out...it can't be, right? I'm not pregnant am I?

I shake the thoughts off for now, I will not dwell much on it.

Today I made bacon, eggs and buttery toast. It's delicious but the nausea is killing me. Dad and the guys are talking about something but I block them out trying to resist the urge to vomit.

Turns out when you really, really have to spill your contents out...you can't hold it in.

I'm soon sprinting towards the nearest toilet. I ignore the fucking pain in my body as I run.

I make it into a huge bathroom I hadn't seen yet. I'll just spare you the gruesome details of how I much heaved on the toilet.

Oh my. No. It can't be. I'm pregnant am I not? Mothereffing shit.

"Baby what's wrong? Is it the meds?" Dad asks. Thankfully it's just him and not everyone.

"No" I say and start hyperventilating. I get up and wash my face and mouth. I drink the water until I'm sure my breath doesn't smell.

I sit down on the floor. I can't breathe and tears are falling down my cheeks. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!

"Aurora. Aurora breathe. In and out. Do it with me okay? In...out" dad instructs

I start breathing with dad and it takes a few minutes but I finally breathe normally again.
"Okay that's good baby you did good. Now tell me why you got this upset sweetie" he asks

I start crying hard and dad hugs me. Just then Atlas comes into the room with the phone. I already know who it is. He glances at me with worry in his eyes at seeing me cry.

"It's doctor Bella, she said she wanted to talk to you first" he hands me the phone. I put it on my ear and hold my knees to my chest and my head is braced on my arm.

"Hello?" I say sniffing and in a broken voice.

"Good morning Aurora! The blood results came in and I don't know how to tell you this. First, I want to tell you I'm here if you need to talk" I thank her but want her to get to the point

"...Aurora the test results gave negative for any STD or STI but...Aurora you're pregnant"

There it is. I've been thinking of the possibility since yesterday. My emotions where all over the damn place.

"Yeah I just kind of realized it could be that, I just needed you to confirm it" I say and my voice breaks

We say goodbye and hang up, I have to get to the hospital later. I start crying into my hands and dad is so worried right now.