24| Comfort

"Nothing can stop them as long as they have each other"

Aurora

I don't understand anything. Phoenix is glaring at the woman. How is it that we live in such an isolated place and people still find us? If someone else comes along I'm gonna move to Costa Rica.

Phoenix is still glaring and Zach looks like he's about to hit something. What is going on? I feel like crying. He would never leave a daughter behind..would he?

"What the fuck are you doing here Aisha?" Nix spits out. I look at my family and they're all as confused as I am.

The girl—Aisha is about to say something but dad interrupts.

"Why don't we do this at home? It's cold and I don't want Aurora do get sick" he says and the girl smiles and follows us to the cars.

I'm so so weirded out. This situation is so strange. We get home — it was a 5 minute ride — and get out and Aisha and her daughter follow as in as if they were part of the family.

Phoenix hasn't unclenched his fists since the girl found us. She seems to be his age, she has long blonde hair, curves to go for days and stunning chocolate eyes.

We get into the living room and I notice Nix is staying close to me, as if I provided a sense of comfort.

"We will give you some privacy" I say and we all start to go upstairs.

"Rora please stay, you too Zach" Phoenix says. Zachariah and I look at each other and go back down. Matheo follows us too.

"I'm not leaving you alone" he tells me and I smile at his protectiveness. As if Aisha was capable of doing something to me. I don't think she would hurt a fly.

How wrong I was..

We all sit in the living room. The little girl, I learnt her name was Abigail on the way here, is crawling on the floor. She seems to be about a year old.

I get up and grab one of the toys we've bought for my baby. I look at her mom for permission and she just smiles so I take it as a yes.

I give it to Abigail and she gives me an adorable smile. I get up to go sit beside Theo but little Abby grabs my hand so I sit back down with her.

"Talk" Zach says and I'm surprised to see him use that tone. He's angry

Phoenix is as pale as if he'd seen a ghost. Matheo is as confused as I am but I know he is worried about me.

"Phoenix I regret letting you go, I'm having trouble taking care of our baby. I got an opportunity to finish nursing school and I just can't do both. I came here so you take her, or else I'll just put her in foster care"

Our heads snap to her. What the fuck? Who the hell decides she doesn't want her baby anymore and dumps her into someone else's arms?

"What the fuck Aisha! She's not my baby, you made sure of that. I won't take her in because you decided parenting wasn't for you" Phoenix answers shaking his head in disbelief

So little Abby isn't his kid...right? I'm having trouble not freaking out. I don't have the right to. He's accepting and loving my baby, why wouldn't I do the same?

It's hard to tell by looks, Abigail looks just like her mom.

"But Phoenix you have to, I don't want her!" Aisha screams dropping the nice act and showing her true colors.