19| Janine

"She's heartless"

Max

I look up when I hear the footsteps. No. Not her. Anyone but her.

Janine.

Who does she think she is! Why is she here? She's not welcome anywhere near my kids. She lost that right a long time ago.

"What the fuck are you doing here!" I whisper-yell. I don't want Aurora to wake up.

My sons are all frozen in place. Everyone stands up except Theo and Rora. He has her head on his lap.

"Is that the way to greet the love of your life?" She says, her high heels pounding on the floor with every step.

"You are no love of mine. Keep. Your. Voice. Down" I say

"Or what? You'll stab me? We both know I'm the specialist on doing that. What a shame I couldn't succeed though" she says and her lip curls back in disgust

"Shut the hell up" Atlas says

"My baby! You look so big now!" She says with a fake smile.

"Do not speak to him" Alessandro says with deathly calm. The kind I know he uses to kill.

"That's no way to talk to your mother Ale. Didn't you teach them manners?" She turns to me.

"Of course. They're my wolves. That's how they know not to speak to snakes. A slut—I mean snake can lash out any second and they'll be forced to bite" I say smirking

"You're forgetting, snakes bite too honey" she says with a smirk of her own.

"I will not repeat myself. Why are you here?" I ask

Just then I hear a soft angelic voice coming from my baby girl.

"Dad? Why are you all standing up it's—" she freezes.

"Why is she here?" My daughter asks.

"That's what we're trying to find out little sis" Quinn says.

"Well she is why I'm here" Janine points to a now standing Rora, Matheo is with half his body in front of her. She has her hand on her belly, she does that a lot now.

"Why?" Quinn demands in an angry tone I rarely hear from my second born son.

"Weren't you going to tell me I'm a grandma now sweetie? After everything I did for you Aurora?" We all freeze. She is not getting anywhere near my grandkid.

"You don't get to even mention my baby. You have done nothing for me and if you as much as speak about my baby we will all make sure you don't live to even regret it"

Aurora says in a mama bear tone. I'm proud. She's finally learning how to speak up and not let others stump on her.

"Oh baby, I did so much for you! I made you strong. I sent you to those men when you were twelve so you could become a woman. Kids don't survive in our world. Specially little innocent girls like you were" Janine pouts.

That bitch. She'll regret putting my baby in danger like that. She'll be fucking wishing for death for taking my bambina from me.

"I do not see how that could've helped you witch" Matheo spits out.

"Well you see a woman's virginity is worth a lot, specially if you're the daughter of a powerful don like your father. I wanted to make sure you were worth nothing before you returned to them. I was protecting you sweetie"

"I want you out of my house in the next 30 seconds before I kill you myself" Alessandro says.

"Oh no no no. You wouldn't do that Ale, don't you miss your mommy?"

"No" he immediately says

She frowns "Harsh. I didn't raise you like that"

"You didn't raise him. Period. I did and he's perfect like that" I retort and Sandro smiles at me.

"Well at least I accomplished my mission. My grand baby will bring such power to our family. I hope it's a girl so I can borrow her to some friends for the night and make good money" she smiles and Aurora transforms.

Next thing I know Janine is pinned to the wall with a knife on her shoulder. Where did Rora get the knife?

Janine screams in pain.

"You ever even think about getting close to my baby and that knife will be ripping your throat open. You will never do what you did to me to my kid" Rora says

"Damn... dad if you ever doubted she was your daughter you can now be a 100% sure she's yours" Quinn says

We smile. Rora doesn't. She's glaring so hard at Janine I wouldn't be surprised if lasers appeared form her eyes.

"You'll regret that" Janine says with clenched teeth clutching her bleeding shoulder.

"Not as much as you will if you ever threaten my daughter and grand baby again or any of my sons for that matter" I say

"Now leave before we change our minds and let RoRo slit you throat open" Atlas says.

I see Aurora's eyes widen when she realizes we're letting her go. I give her a look that says 'we will explain in a bit'

Janine turns to leave but right before reaching the door she says. "Don't think this is the last time you see me. Believe me, next time you won't be able to forget the day I come back. I'll make sure to make you all suffer"

"Why did you let her go!" Rora exclaims.

The boys and I look at each other. It's Quinn who speaks.

"She had the Russian Mafia's slogan tattooed on her arm and...she had a red star on her neck"

"What does it mean?"

"The slogan means she's part of the Russian mafia now but what would get us deep in trouble is the star. Red stars are reserved for Russian don's wife's...meaning she's somehow the queen to the king of the Russian Mafia" Atlas explains.

"If we killed her, it would give the Russian don, Arman Andreyev, the right to retaliate. He would've come for you Rora. A life for a life. A princess for a queen." Matheo finishes.

"Oh.."

"Fucked up I know" Alessandro says.

"Wait. Where did you get the knife? That was some badass shit Ro" Quinn says.

"You idiots left it on the coffee table after teaching me how to pick a lock Wynn" she answers Quinn.

"You were teaching her how to pick a lock with a knife? What about the bobby-pin way I taught you!" I say to the boys and they shrug.

"The knife looks cooler" Atlas says.

"And where will she get a knife from in case she needs to pick a lock? She can always wear a bobby-pin somewhere without looking suspicious as a freaking knife would!" I say and Rora laughs.

"I'm going to bed now, I'm tired" Aurora says. She hugs us good night and Sandro follows after her since it's his night with her. Lucky asshole...

We all go to our rooms for the night but are woken up by a window breaking.

Can I get a motherfucking break?!

Guess we are killing someone tonight after all..