9| Truth

"Hold on a little longer, it gets better..."

Tw: mentions of rape,
suicide and abuse

Aurora

I wake up gasping for air and with tears in my eyes. I find myself between Atlas and dad who are currently asleep.

I had two nightmares tonight. I look at the time. 5:04 am. Sadly, I remember what my nightmare was about. The first time Riggo came into my room, I get the urge to puke at the memory and rush downstairs to my room's bathroom.

I start vomiting my guts out, dad and Atlas come into my room calling my name. They get into the bathroom as I flush the toilet and start washing my mouth.

"Are you sick little one?" Dad asks

"Just a bad nightmare" I say while still washing the taste out. My voice is a little raspy.

"I'm so sorry I woke you guys up" I say and put some toothpaste on my toothbrush and start brushing my teeth.

"Don't apologize RoRo, you gave us quite a scare last night. You wouldn't wake up" says Artie as I rinse my mouth and start wiping my teary eyes

"I'm so sorry. My voice is raspy so I'm guessing I woke up screaming. I am so so sorry dad I'm sorry Artie I really can't control them" I say and start crying again.

Dad is about to step forward but Atlas beats him to it and envelops me in his arms. I cry into his chest and both tell me it wasn't my fault, they're not mad they are just worried about me and want to take my pain away.

"It will get better Aurora, I promise we'll be there. Always" he says and I hug him tighter.

My twin smiles at me and I return it. We go downstairs to have some breakfast. I make banana pancakes, Quinn and Alessandro come down and I have to reassure them several times that I'm better.

They're worried about last night's nightmare. We're all sitting on the table, dad is on the head chair with me to his right and Atlas to his left, Quinn beside me and Alessandro in front of him. Matheo is not yet seated on the other head chair. It's a six people table so we fit perfectly.

"Where's Theo? He's usually here at 6 and it's 6:10" asks Quinn and right at that moment Matheo comes downstairs. He looks pissed.

"I'm glad you asked brother. I was doing some research on Rodrigo Lindora and guess what I fucking found. Our sister here turns out to be a whore" he says, his voice breaks

I pale and my breathing starts going faster. The others start reprimanding him while he puts a video on his computer where we all can see.

They watch with frowns on their faces as a reporter talks about Riggo.

Oh that fucking bastard! It want consensual and I didn't start shit! I'm crying. Tears are running freely down my face as they all turn to me.

"Tell them sister, tell them how you've been lying to us because you are just like Janine!" Matheo says, he looks angry yet...broken.

I'm frozen. I can't speak. I can't even look at them. I close my eyes and place my elbows on the table, hands holding my head and fingers intertwining in my hair strands.

I wasn't ready to tell them. I don't think I could ever be. But I guess it's better now than to let them think it's all true

"Tell me this isn't true Aurora, please tell me it's some reporter talking shit and you haven't been lying about the abuse to get away with sleeping with—with him" dad says conflicted "but it's okay either way, you can tell us just please be honest"