10| Heartbroken

'"Like feeling needles in your heart, piercing with every beat"

Tw: mentions of rape
and abuse

Max

I can hear my baby crying in her brother's arms. It kills me not being there for her. It should be me comforting her.

I should've been the first one to figure things out. It was so obvious she wasn't having sex with the bastard by choice.

I'll never forgive myself...

Her nightmares started three months ago..right when the fucker says the "relationship" started. The bruises on her body are finger shaped and they look aggressive.

She told me he was abusive for fuck's sake and I almost believed him when he said they were having sex. I should've connected the dots sooner. I should've fucking known that Rora wouldn't lie to me about it.

We're all sitting on my office next to the living room. Right as I'm thinking and suffering at the sound of my baby girl's cries Theo's laptop gets a YouTube notification.

The channel with the video he just showed us uploaded a new video. The title reads 'Rodrigo Lindora was found guilty of accused charges'
Theo presses play on it...

'Our prime suspect Rodrigo Lindora was found guilty of sexually assaulting 17 year old Aurora Brambello, she was fostered by him and his wife Maura who was also charged as an accomplice against the minor

All of these charges were based on the declaration of the lead detectives of the case and young Aurora's statement.

The judge made his decision based on the evidence detective Nayil was able to present. Among these a videotape of the young girl being brutalized by Rodrigo, it is said the video was only presented to the judge since she only gave her consent to be shown in discretion.

From what our team gathered, Aurora declared that the abuse started as soon as she moved in with them but he started sexually assaulting her three months ago. Unbelievable that Rodrigo had the audacity to lie saying it was purely consensual.

Our sources tell us that in the video the teen is screaming in pain and asking for help, it is clearly seen it wasn't consensual and yet the suspect had the nerve to try to blame this on the poor girl

Not only that, we recently got the information that the girl was constantly in pain, getting raped by her caretakers on a daily basis and no one ever noticed the bruising and the—'

I pause the video. "Enough" I say in a broken voice. How can they even post so much information about my baby? How can they invade her privacy like that?

Fucking non-professional reporters doing it for the views. I look over the comments and lots do people are commenting on how the channel shouldn't be posting such detailed information about someone's trauma. Apparently it isn't the only video they've posted revealing private information.

I pick up my phone and look through my contacts with tearful eyes. I make a call and all the videos regarding Aurora are taken down. The channel is permanently banned from posting.

I hear her cries stop as she starts telling the story to Atlas...we hear it all.

We're all crying in silence. I can't take it anymore as she starts sobbing again when she finishes telling her story.

I'm pulling on my hair. This is pure fucking torture and I can't do anything but take it. I deserve it for not believing my baby girl. I'm an idiot. I don't deserve such an incredible daughter