6| Revelations

"They are her comfort, her protectors..."

Tw: mentions of abuse and drugs

Alessandro

I wake up around 6am, pretty early considering that, unlike my brothers, I didn't sleep until my sister came home.

I waited up all night. I know the others are awake since it's Wednesday and Atlas and Theo have school.

She's everything I could've wished for and more. It kills me to know she hasn't had a family until now. She's just incredible. I have never stopped loving her.

Aurora is such a sweet girl, I imagined her being pissed at us for not finding her before and being some sassy teenager. She's just so cute and tiny.

I decide to be a selfish bastard and go wake her up. I go down the stairs and knock on her door. I open it slightly finding her with her legs to her chest on the window seat looking outside.

She turns to me "Good morning Alessandro" she says in a sleepy voice.

"How did you sleep Rora?" I close the door and get closer to her and notice her eyes are red and a little swollen as if she's been crying.

"Good what about you?" She asks as I sit in front of my sister.

"I slept well, are you okay Rora? You've been crying" I state furrowing my brows

"Oh umm just nightmares" she says with a small smile. She sniffs and looks back towards the shore.

"Baby sis you should've told us, maybe we can help" my heart aches. What kind of monster haunts her sleep?

She sighs "I appreciate it but there's nothing anyone can do. Life in foster homes...let's just say it isn't all smiles and unicorns. It's been so hard Alec" her voice breaks and a few tears escape.

I move forward and hug her tight while she cries in my chest. I noticed she flinched when I moved fast. What the hell has she been through? I know that victims of abuse tend to flinch and be wary around people. Maybe she was attacked once?

I need to talk to dad about this. "Shhh, you're safe now baby sister. You're okay, we won't let anyone hurt you"

After a couple of minutes her cries subside and her shaking stops. I caress her hair and whisper how much I've missed her and how big my love for her is..

"You feeling better?" I ask. She sniffs and wipes her cheeks.

"Yeah I'm sorry about that, I just had to let it out"

"Don't apologize, please come to us when you're feeling this way okay? There's nothing you can do that would make us love you any less, we love you more and more every day" I say trying to make it clear that she now has a support system. I want to be a good brother to her, I've always been there for my brothers when they needed me. Even when we were kids I always helped them up when they fell and refused to let dad adress their wounds and did it myself. I hugged them daily and made sure no one hurt them at school, Quinn took over when I finished highschool.

"Alright, we should go down though. I guess everyone's awake by now" she says and I nod. I take her hand and lead her to the kitchen. It's sort of a big kitchen and our main dinning room is here.

My brothers and father are there already. Quinn, Atlas and dad smile her. Dad gets out of his seat, hugs her and kisses her head.

"My favorite twin! How did you sleep?" Guess who says