𝗚𝗛𝗢𝗦𝗧 𝗧𝗢𝗪𝗡!

time skip!

everything had gone back to normal with james' friends, it seemed. they were all talking to her again, so she brushed it off as a little mishap.

sam, colby and jake were off filming the origin, so james had an invite to go with elton, corey, jay, andrea and their cameraman, evan, to explore a haunted ghost town.

they filmed the intro, and set off up the hill, joking and laughing the whole way.

they reached the gate, james volunteering to climb over first- for some reason.

she surprisingly gracefully pulled herself up over the railing, landing softly on the other side.

'i don't know why i offered to go first, that's real white people shit and i'm vietnamese.'

elton handed her the camera and she turned it towards herself, sarcastically blanking the camera and throwing up a peace sign.

as everyone joined her on the inside of the fencing, they walked onwards, shining their flashlights around.

a soft orange glow came from one of the shack like houses, the one nearest to them. they all shared looks, discussing it quietly before approaching it with caution.

james took the lead, her and andrea slowly walking into the house.

elton grabbed the door handle, jokingly pulling it shut, making the two grab at the door and force it back open, glaring at the bearded man.

they explored the house further, james getting his attention.

'ayo, elton, look at the calendar.'

august 2007

'2007 bro, there can't be people about, surely.'

elton pointed it out to the rest of them, calming their nerves at the fact that the date would mean that probably mean no one had been there.

they exited the house, walking on a type of wooden walkway.

james flipped her hair. 'catwalk.'

she said in a high pitched voice, modelling her outfit in the middle of the ghost town, everyone chuckling quietly.

andrea and james walked in front, approaching the main town part.

they looked at the wooden houses, walking toward one of them.

andrea, james and corey walked up first, standing on the wooden stairs, trying to open the door.

they pushed on the door, eventually opening it.

they explored around, ending up more towards the front of the front of the house. they all froze up at the high pitched yowl of coyotes outside, leaving the wooden shack soon after.

they stood around the front of a different one, the whole group bar elton stood on the porch.

they all jumped as elton popped out of nowhere, scaring the shit out of all of them.

'you tosspot!' james wacked elton with her jacket sleeve, the man laughing.

they walked around some more, coming towards a new deteriorating structure.

they entered it, bypassing the large wooden cross propped up outside. 'yo how good would this place look if me and you renovated it though.'

corey laughed at james' remark, walking about with her and pointing out how they'd make all the rooms look.

james spotted a magazine on the floor, looking at the date on it.

1988

she slipped it into her backpack, shrugging the bag back on and catching up with the group to the new tiny house.