𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗟𝗘𝗬!

𝙅𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙨' 𝙋𝙊𝙑!

i sighed, scrolling through my phone in the airport lounge. i was flying out to Colorado to shoot a movie called 'to all the boys i've loved before' for netflix, and i was also taking a trip to the stanley hotel while i was there.

i really love paranormal stuff, and when i found out i was shooting my movie in colorado i was ecstatic because i'd finally be able to go to the place where the shining was thought up!

'flight 362 to colorado now boarding'

i jumped up, slinging my backpack over my shoulder, my suitcase had already gone through the conveyor belt and was on its way to the plane.

i excitedly bounced on the balls of my feet, waiting in line to do the ticket process.

when i had gone through the whole thing, i walked into the plane and found my seat. i sat down, putting my headphones in and clicking shuffle on my spotify playlist. i bopped my head along as 'keep yourself alive' by Queen played into my ears.

i was sat in the window seat, and very grateful for it because i'd have something to look at while two random strangers sat next to me. although, i wasn't looking forward to having to squeeze past two people i didn't know to use the bathroom.

i momentarily took my earphones out to listen to all the announcements and safety tips, etc. before i knew it, we were in the air and my ears were popping. i opened my bag, putting some gum in my mouth to stop the sensation in my ears and pulling out a book.

opening the shining, i saw the purple haired boy next to me nudge the brunette next to him from my peripheral vision, and motion to me. they both slightly freaked out, and my brows furrowed. i glanced back at them, but kept my head turned so it looked like i was concentrated on reading.

they turned to the boys in the aisle across from us, getting their attention and motioning to me once more. the two other boys also had a small freak out, and i started to get slightly frustrated.

what was their problem? i could tell they were trying to be subtle, but they were extremely obvious, not mentioning the fact that they were sat right next to me.

i heard them all whispering, and i took an earphone out. it was definitely about me.

'the shining bro. it has to be a sign.'

i pursed my lips in confusion. a sign? i listened to them talk for a few more seconds, before taking my earphones out completely and turning to them, quirking a brow.

'smooth criminal.' a smile tugged at the corner of my lips slightly at my own joke, and the boys froze. did they not get it?

i voiced my thoughts to them, wondering why they were suddenly silent.

'do you not get it? it's a Michael Jackson song. because you're not being smooth right now, you're actually being rather obvious.' i smiled fully at them, telling them i wasn't mad or making fun of them.

they laughed, the blonde turning to me, leaning across his friend to speak.

'yeah, sorry. we noticed you were reading the shining and we freaked out a bit because we're going to the stanley hotel, which the shining is based off of if you didn't know.'

'ohh, i get it now.' i laughed, but i decided not to tell them that i was also going there, stranger danger you know. 'it's fine, don't worry. i'm james.'

i smiled at them, reaching my hand out to shake the hand of the purple haired boy next to me.

'jake.'