𝗟𝗢𝗦𝗧!

the 5 friends had a bit of trouble starting up the fire, but once they did the atmosphere was calm and they all sat around, joking and talking in the woods.

james was sat next to sam, her chair was almost touching his and her legs were rested over his knees comfortably.

jake and colby went to the car, and sam, james and corey made jokes about them 'looking like aliens.'

colby lit some sage, letting it take to the air before wafting it around everyone like james taught them at the stanley.

sam wrote the names of the ghosts on small pieces of paper, handing one to colby, corey and he kept one himself.

corey asked if they wanted to know what he was burning, everyone laughing when he bought out an xplr sticker.

'just you know, because ever since i stopped playing with the ouija boards, the only thing that's made my life fucking haunted is you guys!

'look what i'm burning! i'm burning the key to the millennium biltmore hotel.'

james had watched their videos of past investigations and stuff, just so she was caught up in conversation about it, and when he bought out the key, she let out a small gasp of disbelief with everyone else.

'you still have that?'

'because that's what started it all.'

'so we're just burning like a personal object of ours?'

'things that like have to do with like why you think you're haunted or anything like that.'

'okay, well then.. this has been haunting me for a long time. in my life. it's kinda big for the fire do i might just yano,-'

'use a little part?'

'use a little part.'

colby ripped a strip from the cardboard cut out of himself, everyone laughing at the ridiculous object.

'jake, you're burning shrek?'

'am i burning shrek?'

'yeah.'

'fuck no.'

'what are you burning?'

'shrek DVD.'

'it's a VHS brother.'

corey let out a shout as he teetered on his chair, steadying himself.

'james what are you burning?'

'nothing brother.'

'what?'

'i would burn like the green bandana i wore at the stanley for the seance or something, but my paranormal experiences and getting shit attached to me started way before that, not necessarily at the old lady when i was younger but like when i started doing ouija boards and exploring haunted or abandoned places. and i don't have anything related to back then that i'd be happy to burn, therefore i'm not burning anything bro.'

they all nodded slowly, taking in what she said.

'is that what the wiccan meant? like you're more involved in this than we think because you've been fucking with it for ages too?'

colby put the pieces together, and james bit her lip lightly, contemplating what to reply.

'i'll tell you the full story later, let's get on with the ritual brother.'

'i'll give corey the shadow man to burn.'

'can you not- no you're not.'

sam convinced corey to take the paper, handing it to him. jake went on to explain that he's burning the shrek DVD because he got his first eviction notice when colby slammed it on the floor, colby apologising.