𝗘𝗠𝗙!

'okay im gonna start with the emf meter, i've seen a lot of people use this and i'm kinda a big skeptic on this one, i don't know about you guys, like i've never, ever seen it freak out or go super red, so..'

' well, that's why we turned off all the lights, like look at this the master is off so that no other electronic frequencies would be doing anything in this room.'

'what about our phones? shall we all put them.. pile them up or something?'

amidst the boys talking, james jumped and looked at corey, the only silent one. she had heard the hangers rattle as if someone had pushed them, and as corey looked into her paranoid eyes with his own wide ones, she knew he had heard it too.

'did you guys hear that?'

'what, what, what?'

'in the closet.' james' tone made the hair on colbys arms rise, her voice was soft, eerie almost.

'what?'

'was it- was it a squeak?'

' yeah'

'i heard it.'

jake sat next to james on the bed to make room for sam to manoeuvre around it with the camera, her leaning against him for comfort as corey showed sam the noise the three had heard.

'that's what it sounded like! it sounded like a- dude, it literally sounded like- listen it was like- the hangers.'

he pushed the hangers back and forward, a similar noise like before coming from the closet.

'is that what you heard?'

james and jake nodded, both replying with a weary 'yeah'

corey used the emf reader, hovering it around the closet to see if he would pick anything up. as the camera was turned away, jake nudged james.

he raised his eyebrows, tilting his head slightly- are you okay?

she smiled, nodding and shrugging, before nodding her head towards him- yeah, im good. you?

he nodded, the two fist bumping at their successful check in.

suddenly, corey gasped.

'sam! sam!'

'what?'

james got up, looking over corey's shoulder before gesturing for the other two to do the same.

'the hangers!'

'the hangers are lighting up!'

'so- the same thing that you just said was squeaking.'

looks were shared around the group, corey tilting the device so that everyone could have a better view of it.

'can you make this device light up yellow?'

silence, and then.. nothing.

'dude- it's gone.'

as they stood, watchful eyes on the emf meter, an eerie creak split the silence.

'did no one hear that?'

'colby..'

'hear what?'

corey was the only one who hadn't heard the creak, while the other four stood still, listening.

'colby.'