𝗩𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗫!

the 5 decided to explore the langham before they investigated, so they were currently walking down a hallway.

james' head was pounding and she kept getting bouts of dizziness, the vietnamese woman was currently holding onto jakes arm as they walked, trying not to stumble.

'dude every single hotel we go to is like.. a long, scary hallway.'

james looked at him incredulously.

'i think that's because hotels are big, colby. think about the amount of space they need to have rooms next to each other, that results in long hallways brother.'

sam laughed at colby's slight idiocy, before they approached the second room.

corey opened the door, turning back to them.

'i had to do it three times before it worked!'

they ventured further into the room, james getting increasingly warmer despite her thin longsleeve and jeans.

'dude- there's a bird!'

james looked at the gold bird ornament that was adorning the light fixture in the room, before sitting on the edge of the bed.

she tuned out the conversation, another dizzy spell overcoming her. it only felt like seconds had passed, but when she focused back in, colby and sam were sat on either side of her, jake and corey crouched in front of her worriedly.

'el, are you with us?'

she hummed lightly in response to corey's question, nodding despite the pain that went through her head at the movement.

'are you sure?'

'yeah, yeah i'm okay, continue with the video.'

'james, brother your health is more important than us goofing off in a hotel, okay? if you need to take a break we're perfectly happy to pause and chill.'

'sam, it's okay, i promise to let you know if i need a minute, okay?'

the blonde nodded, happy with her response.

they looked at more stuff around the room before leaving again to explore the hotel further.

'it's like never ending, there's always different stuff.'

'dude - remember the biltmore had a club like this?'

'it's really warm in here.'

the group spread out slightly, and james was looking at a painting on the wall when corey caught sams attention.

'dude, sam!' he was pointing at a mantle, and james shifted to see the bird statue that sat atop it.

'what is up with birds in here?'

'wait - what is that?'

he next pointed at a painting of two dogs, in a slightly compromising position.

'what is that dog doing to this dog?'

'he's 'boutta land'

the small group giggled, continuing further into the communal area.

'this has some sort of like haunting energy to me for some reason. like, symbolises like loneliness or something.'

a chill went down james' spine as she gazed at the painting of the child walking alone.

'dude, their paintings are so weird.'

james jumped as she heard a noise from behind her, spinning around to see the source of it, noticing that only she and corey seemed to have heard it.

'did you just get that?'

sam and jake turned back from where they were about to walk off to, colby looking at the two curiously.

'the door just went like-'

corey pushed the door back open before letting it shut, the noise of it bouncing back on itself resounding in the hallway.

'yeah but it was like way, way softer than that.'

corey agreed with james, colby glanced at jake.

'was that.. not you?'

'no, i'm right here bruh.'

'you saw that!'

'i didn't see- i heard it.'

'it was probably on the camera.'

'but what kills me is that it wasn't even that hard or that loud, it was way softer like james said.'

he tried to imitate the sound again, letting the door fall back on itself.

'it was not like that.'

'oh my god that is so disturbing.'

james looked at yet another painting that jake was pointing out, the image making her hair stand on end.

jake and corey both pointed out birds within two other pictures, before the group ventured down a staircase, passing the presidential suite.

they stopped at a mirror, all posing in front of it momentarily.

'beautiful, that's our tradition, we are so cute and humble.'

they all laughed at sams comment, walking through a door and further into the hotel.

the 5 found themselves stood in a circuit of mirrors.

'is this considered a portal, right here?'

corey pointed to the two mirrors facing each other.

colby and james explained a vortex to the viewers.

'yeah, because there's a mirror.. facing a mirror.'

'and then there's a mirror facing a mirror and a mirror facing a mirror..'

'this whole place is mirrors! all the way back down.'

sam walked forward, colby stopping them by grabbing james and sam's arms and pointing.

'look, look, look, look, look!'

they all paused, looking at something on the mirror that james couldn't quite see.

'did you- did you just do that?'

'no.'

'no? do you see that, can you see it on the camera?'

jake turned his flash on, giving everyone a clear view of the smeared handprint on the mirror.

it was later on, and they stood looking at sam.

'i think it's because we slept on like an airplane or something, but i've had like a really bad headache all day. but it's not like a headache, it's like only a painful migraine for like two seconds right there.'

he pointed at a spot above his eye, and james though about the headaches she'd been having.

'it's happened like four or five times today, so i think it's cause we slept on a plane overnight.'

'yknow they say if you get a headache, or like the back of your neck starts hurting, that means it's like a spirit or a demon trying to attach to you.'

'well bro remember i had that massive headache at the concert hall in the stanley?'

they all nodded at james, remembering the situation.

'same thing right now, brother, swear to god.'

'like the exact same?'

'mhm, same feeling, same place, only this time it hurts more.'

'they say if you ever start getting a headache during an investigation, you're supposed to go like straight outside.'

the group all agreed to spend a little bit of time outside to get fresh air for the sake of sam and james, messing around with the phone booths.

'alright, let's get to our room.'