𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗬!

𝙅𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙨' 𝙋𝙊𝙑!

i was still sat down when i heard them come outside, my head still in my hands as silent tears ran down my face. i felt them standing around me but i didn't look up, too scared of them telling me i was too weak and they didn't want a complainer here or something.

all of a sudden i felt a set of arms around me, and i leaned into the person. jake. i buried my head in his shoulder as i cried, and another pair of arms wrapped around both of us.

i could smell cologne, it was the same as on the hoodie i was currently wearing. corey.

i turned in the hug, still sandwiched between them, and wrapped my arms around him too. he ran a hand through my hair, telling me it would be okay.

another person. i turned to my left side to where they were and saw brunette hair and a flash of silver as their hands rested on jake and coreys shoulders. rings. colby.

i hugged him too, whispering a thank you. he rested his head on top of mine, his arms around jake and corey who's arms were around me.

a final pair of arms joined the hug. a black jacket. sam. i turned another time, hugging him and resting my head on his shoulder.

out of the corner of my eye i saw a flash and lifted my head, turning to where it was to see jennifer with a guilty expression on her face, holding her phone up.

i let out a light chuckle, opening my arms for her to come join the hug. we all stood there for a moment in silence, savouring the peacefulness and comfort.

i decided to speak. 'hey jen, can you send me that?' i laughed with a sniffle, and everyone pulled away from the hug, sam asking an 'are you okay? what happened?'

i sighed, looking at all of them.

'i don't know, i had a headache the whole time and the longer we were in there the worse it got. and i was super tired but i think my blood sugar is just low, i need to test in a minute,' i laughed weakly. 'i've just had a lot of bad experiences i guess so it kinda just shook me. you know people say when you get a migraine kind headache it's a spirit trying to attach to you? well i was kinda just scared i guess. i get if you don't want me to do the seance or continue on with you if i'm too much of a burden.'

they all let out noises of disagreement, giving me individual hugs once or twice and telling me it was okay.

before i knew it they were telling me about how the picture of 'lucy' could have been a handle. corey turned to jennifer, 'what were you saying just before we left or something?'

'oh uh like where we just were, i heard like things moving, and i heard footsteps and when i looked over i just saw this light appear and then i just walked out.'

'what?'

'you okay?'

jennifer nodded and made a sound of reassurance, but i could tell she was genuinely shaken up.

'are you sure?'

she nodded again, corey still repeating 'no way' in shock.

'because i- whenever we were walking out, my heart started beating faster when she said that and i felt like wind.' i turned to jake, grabbing his arm and inspecting the slight goosebumps that were there, confirming that he wasn't lying.

i pulled the long sleeves of the sweater over my hand and stood in front of jake facing him, and started rubbing my covered hands up and down his arms to warm him up.

'okay let's go.'

'yeah let's go.'

jake turned to jennifer once more, asking 'are you okay?'