Chapter 3

Hana's POV

"Ahhh!" Sarah screams for the hundredth time today as she smiles from ear to ear exposing her dimples as she goes high up in the swing.

"Sarah, it's already evening time. We should go eat and go back to the hospital." I tell her and she smiles. As long as we are not going straight home, she hasn't got a problem with that.

We had gone to the zoo, where we spent three whole hours and if I hadn't forced her out of there, we would've stayed for longer. We also went to a funfair where she rode plenty of rides for about an hour. Lastly, we came to the park. I've got to admit that she is quite social for somebody who barely gets out of the house. She played with every child in the park and even got them all to play tag together.

"Where are we going?" Sarah asks after saying goodbye to the children.

"I don't know. Where do you want to go?" I ask her and she points at a restaurant on the other side of the road.

"Have you been there?" I ask her.

"It's my dad's restaurant." She replies to my surprise.

"Oh. Do you really want to go there?" I ask, not wanting all the attention. They probably never saw Sarah with someone else besides her dad.

"Yes. The chef is my dad's friend and he always gives me free meals and he doesn't force me to eat the vegetables." She says gaining a smile from me.

"Alright, let's go then." I agree before holding her hand to cross the road.

We had a delicious meal at the restaurant after meeting the chef who's name was Yahya. He was very respectful and kind and made sure we were always satisfied.

"Can we have ice cream?" Sarah asks as we walk past creams. Now I understand what Qasim meant by: "Sarah can be quite demanding". I'm just happy that she is having a great time.

"Sure, I'm craving creams too." I tell her and she smiles as we enter.

I grab two chocolatiers for us, hoping that her dad won't mind that I am allowing her to eat everything her dad wouldn't allow her to eat.

"Happy now? Can we go home?" I ask her as she eats her ice cream.

"Yes!" She smiles from ear to ear as we enter my car.

As I drive, I spot Sarah looking at me. I give her a smile and she returns one, but continues to look.

"Are you okay beautiful?" I ask her after a while.

"I really enjoyed today and I wish I could spend everyday with you." She tells me and I give her a smile.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. In shaa Allah, we can have another day like this, soon."

"Can you become my new nanny?" Sarah asks. I knew she hadn't forgotten that. Unless I give her an answer, she won't stop asking me.

"Uh... The thing is... My mum just had surgery and I want to take care of her for a while." I tell her and she lightly nods, understanding. She seems more mature than a six-year-old.

A while later, we are at the hospital. I look at the time to realise we were way past the time Qasim asked us to be back. Oopsie. But his timing was somewhat unrealistic. How are we supposed to go to a zoo, a funfair, the park and go eat in such short time?

"Your dad is going to roast us alive," I tell Sarah, gaining a laugh from her.

"Daddy won't mind."

"What do you mean?"

"The bodyguards are with us."

"Which bodyguards?"