Chapter 16

Hana's POV

As I stretch my arms after a wonderful sleep, I realise I was all alone in my bed again. I half-open my eyes and notice that Sahil was no longer next to me. I remember going back to sleep after praying Fajr and not long after, Sahil joined me again in bed after coming from the masjid (mosque).

He must be making breakfast again, as every day for the past four days. I can't complain, I like waking up to his delicious variety of breakfast on the table.

I get up with the idea of going to the bathroom to shower, but before that, I strip out of my pyjamas and wrap a towel around me. I neatly fold the dress and place it inside the wardrobe and then grab a headband to tie my hair in a bun to avoid wetting it while I showered.

As I pull my hair back together to tie it, the bathroom door suddenly opens and Sahil comes out wearing only a pantsuit, leaving his upper body, including his abdomen, naked. I would like to emphasize the abdomen because damn I can not take my eyes away from them.

"Hana... Good morning... Assalamu Aleykum... Are you okay?"

"Uh... Wa Aleykumu Salam." I somewhat wake up back to reality when I notice he was talking to me. I quickly go back to trying my hair in a bun, but it's as if I had forgotten how to do it. It kept coming out terribly.

"Do you need help?" He asks, but does not wait for my answer before stepping closer and grabbing the headband from me.

He walks behind me and I look towards the mirror in front of me to see what he was doing. He first opens my hair, letting it fall on my back before carefully pulling it all together to the middle, holding it as a ponytail and then he gently twists it around to make a bun. A perfectly tied bun, I would like to add. I wanted to ask how did he do it so well, but I guess having a daughter may have helped him learn how to tie a female's hair.

Sahil walks back in front of me and I give him a small thankful smile. He holds my hand, stroking the back of it gently with his thumb before looking at me again, allowing us to make eye contactt. "I should have probably said this before... You are beautiful."

"You mean my hair?" The stupid question comes out before I could stop it.

"Everything about you is beautiful." He says, immediately gaining a smile from me.

"Thank you," I respond before he let go of my hand and I walked into the bathroom.

I look at myself in the bathroom mirror and a childish smile pops out of my lips. I observe the perfectly tied bun in my hair, and I gently touch it, careful not to ruin it. I manage to stop drooling over that moment with Sahil and get myself in the shower to start off my day with feeling the hot water down my skin. But not before putting a shower cap over my hair.

After shower, I leave the bathroom to realise Sahil was no longer in the room. I look into my closet to grab my satin baby blue abaya dress and my baby blue headscarf. I wear my black Stiletto Heeled Suede Ankle Boots and grab my black workwear bag.

Today seemed like a pretty warm day so I doubt I will need a jacket. Plus, we will stay indoors most of the time.

I leave my room towards Sarah's to notice her come out of her bathroom with a towel wrapped around her.

"Who woke you up?" I ask when she gives me a good morning smile.

"Grandma did," Sarah responds, to my surprise.

"Grandma?"

"Miss Inaya said I could start calling her grandma. And look what she got me!" Sarah's face lightens before she walked to her closet to grab a purple, princess-like dress with volume from the waist below.