Chapter 27

Hana's POV

Five days had passed since I got abducted by the man who's face I still couldn't see. I knew my mum was probably panicking at each day that went by which made it harder for me to cope.

"You're leaving again?" I ask the man when he is done sniffing whatever white thing he had in a bag. I knew exactly what that was, but I'd rather not mention it.

"What? You want me to stay?" He smirks.

"I-I want to go with you... I-I need some sanitary products." I made up the first excuse that came to mind. "I will meet Nadia, but she can't see me like this. She will know something is wrong." I explain, referring to the bruises on my face. He had used every kind of physical threat he could to make me do what he wanted, but for five days I put up with it and I didn't complain. I wasn't willing to put Nadia in danger. Of course, he wouldn't believe that I changed my mind from one day to the other.

"What do you need? First aid kit? I'll get that on my way." He responds and walks his way to the door.

"No! Uh... Pads?" I speak before he could leave. "And some makeup to cover up for the bruises... You can trust me, I have been doing some thinking and I am done covering up for Nadia. If it means freedom, I will choose that anytime over her." I try to sound convincing.

The man looks at me for a while as if suspicious of something before leaving the room and closing the door behind him. When I thought he left because he didn't believe me, he returns, but with something in his hand.

"Get up." He demands and I do so. "Put this bracelet on." He gives me something that resembled a smartwatch, but the time inside was a countdown to something.

"What is this?" I ask as he puts another appliance on me. This time it was a choker.

"The bracelet? It will take us approximately one hour to go and return. If you be obedient I might turn it off." He smirks before showing me the door.

What?! My jaw drops to the floor. Is this a ticking bomb on my wrist?

"And the choker contains a bugging device which means wherever you are I can listen to what you're saying."

I try to lighten the grip of the choker on my neck, but it only grips even tighter when I do.

"What is this?!" I immediately remove my hand from it.

"Oh, and don't try to remove any of them. Number one, you won't be able to. I have to deactivate the code from the bracelet before removing it. The choker, it gets tighter whenever you try to remove it. So don't." His smirk widens at my expression. "Feel free to sit at the passenger's seat next to me." He says as he turns the car on and waits for me to get in.

There goes my chance of escaping when we reach the town. I should have predicted it wouldn't be that easy. He didn't get away with murder for being easily fooled.

"I will sit at the back," I say and he shrugs as I do so. I sit down at the back seat of the van and notice that my phone was still under the chair. He seemed to be distracted by the radio in the car. Maybe I could reach for it and he wouldn't suspect anything. "Ouch," I speak as I pretend to scratch my feet. "Where the heck is this itch at?" I speak to myself and slowly look up to find him not bothered at all by my presence.

Great! That's my chance. I grab the phone from under the chair and notice a message from Melody.

"You're not funny. Stop playing." That's what the message said.

Is she serious?

"But wait, why are you driving so far from Sahil's home?" That was Melody's second message. "Wait, does that mean Sahil is home alone?! *winky face*"