Chapter 13

Hana's POV

Sahil caresses my cheek with his thumb and I find it hard to keep eye contact due to how close he was at this point. I feel our lips brush against one another and I close my eyes in an automated response. If I say I was not excited to taste his kiss, I would be lying, but I am also nervous. However, that did not stop me from placing my hand on his chest and gaining some kind of relief to know his heart was beating as fast as mine if not more. Sahim Aasim nervous? That is a shock to me. But it makes me happy to know I also have that effect on him. At this point, I just wanted to feel his tongue inside my mouth and taste his kiss which according to my fantasies were the best of all. But I decided to let him take the lead. The wait is driving me insane and making me crave for him even more. Almost as if he was teasing me.

Right when I thought he was about to join our lips, we hear a knock on the door and I immediately step aside, away from Sahil as the person comes in without waiting for a confirmation as a response to the knock.

I find the person to be Melody, which did not surprise me as much. I just grab my phone and immediately leave Sahil's office without directing another word to him or to Melody. I believe he said this was my lunchtime, so I will make sure I spend it the furthest away from Sahil as possible.

I know this is not what he wanted. To make me feel awkward about seeing him again. I can't help it but feel nervous about seeing him again. I could have been over this if he had just got the kissing part over and done with a month ago when we just got married.

"Boo," I am startled by a sound coming from right behind me.

I turn back to find Sarah laughing out loud.

"I scared you, I scared you!" She laughs harder.

"Yes, yes you did. Where did you come from princess?" I give her a smile.

"I was in Sarah's room with my teacher, but now it is lunchtime."

"Great, let's go eat together. Where should we go?" I ask her and she smiles as we start walking to the main entrance.

"Assalamu Aleykum, ex-student." I see professor Amir on the printing machine, printing out some papers.

"Assalamu Aleykum, ex-professor," I say in the same playful tone.

"How is your first day going?"

"Well, I have officially survived until lunchtime, so I guess it's going alright so far."

"Are you going for lunch?" Amir asks as he looks at something behind me. I nod. "With Mr Aasim?"

"I don't think so. Why?"

"He is making his way towards us right now." He smiles before grabbing his papers and leaving towards his desk.

I freeze as I hear Sahil approach. I should have calculated he wouldn't let us go out no matter how close the place we are eating is. He would at least send someone with us or even worst, come with us himself.

Sahil ended up coming to lunch with us because obviously Sarah is not allowed to go out without him or the bodyguards. We ended up going to the same restaurant I went with Sarah before I got married to Sahil. The restaurant owner is very close friends with Sahil.

Sarah wouldn't stop talking about her English teacher who according to her was very nice and she had a fun lesson this morning. I am glad Sarah is having a conversation with her dad which means the attention is not on me and I can peacefully eat this delicious meal that Sahil bought for us.

I have a feeling working here will allow Sahil to spend more time with his daughter. It is nice to see them interacting like this. Sarah seems to be very happy to be having lunch with her dad.
I smile at the fact as I look at Sahil, but my smile is rubbed almost immediately as Sahil turns to me and catches me smiling at him.