Chapter 26

Hana's POV

"Who are you? What do you want from me?" I yell at the man once he threw me into the bushes, where I landed on the floor.

"Give Sarah to me and you will never find out." His deep voice reminded me of somebody.

"I will never do that!"

"Then you will do for now." He smirks before forcing me to get up from the floor and entering into a black van.

At this point, I knew I had no chance of escaping but I still screamed on top of my lungs just to attract Sahil's attention or whoever was around. I see some shadow inside my house of someone rushing to the main door, but before I could get there, the man had driven out already.

"Who are you?" I ask him again. His mask did not let me see his face, but his voice is awfully familiar.

"Me? Did Nadia not tell you about me? I thought you were best friends." He laughs mockingly.

"We were before you killed her!" I say it louder than I intended.

"You and I know she is not dead."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I look down, and that's when my eyes land on my phone that had fallen underneath the seats. I had a plan in mind, but if it goes bad, I'm dead.

"Oh, you do." His reply automatically makes me look up again. "In fact, you will help me find her. Let's see who will Attorney Aasim choose, the mother of a child he's been caring for or his first and only love."

"You are Sarah's dad?"

"And you've kept me away from my daughter all these years. I just wanted a father and daughter moment."

"Then why don't you try to be nice? Maybe then you would've gained custody over her." I reply with certain arrogance.

"You are a little mouthy, aren't you?" He accelerates and since I didn't have my seatbelt on, I end up feeling disorientated. I thought of giving him a dirty glare as I noticed his amusement, but I knew this was a perfect moment to grab my phone. I pretend to have fallen down from the speed and quickly grab my phone to share my location with Sahil. However, Melody's name was the first one in my contacts. It seemed like she called me a few minutes ago. I would have to scroll down to find Sahil and I don't have time for that right now so as risky as it may be, I share my location with Melody and send a one word message saying "Kidnapped".

"What is that?" I am started by the man's voice which makes me sit back up, dropping my phone under the chairs.

I look at him, hoping he did not see my phone.

"Where is your phone?"

"I-I must have dropped it when you were aggressively pushing me into the car," I respond as I glare at him to which he just shrugs. "You do know I could just open the door right now and run out, don't you?" I ask as we were stopped at a traffic light. "Or I could scream as loud as possible attractive that police car's attention." I point at the police car right next to me. I was somewhat serious, but I was mainly talking to make him forget about my phone.

"For a criminology and law student, you don't seem very familiar with people like me." He says mockingly.

"Do I look phased by you?"

"Not at all."

"Then I am very familiar with people like you."

"I wouldn't be talking bravely if I were you."

"What do you got? A gun? A knife? A bomb? Stockings?"

"Bingo." He responds, meaning he got all of them.