LAST CHAPTER - Chapter 30

Hana's POV

"Subhanallah!" My mouth goes wide in shock when I look towards the window to find the plane descending in Maldives.

I turn to Sahil and he was already looking at me to find the almost childish smile stuck on my face. I smile at him and give him a quick kiss on the lips.

Once the plane landed, I was the first one to get out, leaving Sahil behind. I have always dreamt of coming to the Maldives, but I never thought I would have the chance, especially when my mum was sick.

When we are in the car towards the resort Sahil booked for us, I fall completely oblivious to the fact that Sahil was speaking to me. I was mesmerised by the view through the window until my subconscious snapped me back into my senses by saying 'he brought you here and this is the thanks he gets?". I shake my head at the thought as a smile pops up in my face.

"Sahil..." I call his name as I hold his free hand, since the other one was on the steering wheel. "Jazakallah Khair (May Allah reward you)." I smile at him and he returns it while lightly squeezing my hand.

The resort was at the ocean and from afar, I wondered how we would get there, but then I spotted the bridge connecting us from the edge of the ocean to the resort. It was an antique wooded house with a straw rooftop. It was absolutely gorgeous with it's staircase leading to down to the water. There were two sun lounger set beds on the terrace of the house.
I always wondered why learn how to swim if I never get the luxury of a fun day out in the beach without feeling embarrassed that people would actually be there. Yet now is different, the whole resort is only for me and Sahil.

"Do you like it?" Sahil asks me when I was done searching the place from corner to corner.

"If I like it? This is amazing! Let's go for a swim." I tell him, although it is getting somewhat dark. But it wasn't fully dark so we could still go for a half an hour swim. Sahil did not oppose and not long after I was floating, tummy up, inside the water. It felt so good to have a holdiday after... Well, forever. I never went on a holiday.

"How did you know I wanted to come to Maldives?" I finally ask Sahil when I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling myself closer to him.

"You mentioned it on my last day of school." He smiles and that's when I remember. When he told me he was moving to a different school, he asked me where could he find me later on. I playfully answered 'Maldives because I love that place and I will probably be there in shaa Allah'. I guess he never forgot that and took it to heart.

"Then thank you for remembering that." I smile before he locked our lips into a calm and passionate kiss. "So..." I gently push him back, parting my lips from his. "Now that Sarah's case has been solved, If we hadn't met at the hospital the day Sarah went missing, what would you have done?" I ask, somewhat knowing the answer.

"I would look for you until I find you so I can ask for your hand in marriage. But it would've been different. I would've been a caring and attentive husband from the beginning." Sahil confesses, gaining a smile from me.

"What made you like me back then?"

"Your bravery even when you were afraid. Your caring nature which is genuine to both the people you know and the people you don't know. Not to mention, you're gorgeous." He admits and I could feel my cheeks burn.

I hold Sahils's hand so we could go back up, seeing that it is starting to get darker.

"I will make us some tea," I tell Sahil as he closed the door once he came in.

I sit down on the bed and lean on the headboard, handing Sahil's tea to him. He thanks me before I asked him about his plans for the two weeks. It looked like he had every single day here filled with places to go and explore and amazing things to do. I added that we could have the last two days just staying in the resort to which he agreed.

"Well, looks like we have a day full of adventure tomorrow. We should get some sleep." I take the last sip out of my tea and get up to return the cup in the kitchen along with Sahil's.

I change into my new purple satin pyjama dress and then go back to bed. I untie my hair, leaving it open as I always do at night and then go under the blankets. The butterflies in my stomach appear when I finally clock that Sarah is no longer here and I will be spending two whole weeks with Sahil. 

I'm sure by the end of the two weeks, we will be used to spending time alone together, but for now, I can't help but feel nervous.

Somehow, Sahil could read my mind, so he pulls me closer and wraps his arm around my waist, which brought me some comfort.

"Don't worry, I will make sure these will be the best two weeks of your life," Sahil says which made me smile.

I lift my head from the blanket and look at him. I hold his face in between my hands and join our lips for a slow kiss which somehow turned into a faster yet passionate one. I feel Sahil's hands travel under my dress, feeling my bare skin and I knew what was coming next. The case has made us so busy that we did not try again, but now I am not stopping him. I am ready to give myself to him fully as I should have been from day one.

Sahil positions himself in between my legs once I removed my dress. He looked at me as if subconsciously asking for my permission to proceed. I lightly nod at him.

My story with Sahil did not begin at the hospital when I brought Sarah to him. It began way back when I saved him on the alleyway, unaware that my small gesture would make an entire space for me in his heart for so many years to come. I am grateful that he chose me to fill up that space because I don't think I could have found any man better to call my husband besides Sahil Aasim. It's not a fan obsession anymore, it's real love. I want to spend the rest of my life with Sahil and watch us progress and grow.

________________________________

THE END
________________________________

Ahhhh!

I am so sorry you guys for the short last ending. I think you've all noticed I haven't been the same during these last weeks. I am so sorry. I will try make it up to you guys somehow. But unfortunately this is the end of 'I want you to stay'. Not my best work, I know. Feel free to go check out my other two completed stories "HIJABI" and "Dark Secrets". HIJABI is romance and Dark Secrets is both mystery and romance. I promise you won't regret it.

Take care, everyone!

Assalamu Aleykum❤️