Chapter 14

Hana's POV

Arriving home, I was already exhausted. I remove the heels I have been wearing all day and turn back to find Sarah yawning as she rubbed her eyes.

"You must be tired, princess," I say to which she nods. "I will make us lasagna for dinner and after eating you can go to sleep, okay?" I tell her, and she nods again, but this time with a smile.

"Qasim called, he is coming with your mum," Sahil tells me.

"Did anything happen?" I ask as I look at the time on my wristwatch. It was 6 pm. Not very late yet, but why would my mum not call me directly?

"Something about a sleepover and the house being empty," Sahil says sounding genuinely confused, which gained a smile from me.

"We will see when they get here," I respond before holding Sarah's hand to walk towards the kitchen.

Reaching the kitchen, I sit Sarah down on the tulip chair around the table before trying to grab some ingredients from the top shelf. I tiptoe, and I stretch my arm, but it was useless. I needed a chair to reach those.

Before I could even turn around to grab a chair, an arm stretches right behind me and grabs the ingredients for me to then hand them to me. Holding them in my hands, I turn around to find Sahil right in front of me, extremely close I would like to add.

"T-th-thank you." My voice finally comes out.

Is that a hint of amusement I see in his expression? I can't tell whether it is because I couldn't reach the top shelf or because of how lost I feel whenever he is this close.

"Let's make dinner together." He tells me as he walks to grab the lasagna bowl. "Meat or chicken?" He asks and it takes me a while to leave my transe and get back to reality.

"Sarah prefers meat." I finally answer and he goes on to get the minced meat.

I try to calm myself down, but it becomes a mission impossible when I watch Sahil unbotton the buttons of his sleeves to lift them up to his elbow. Is it just me, or did that just make him look ten times hotter?

I need to get a hold of myself. Seriously.

Sarah jumps out of her seat towards me and extends her hand. I smile when I realise she wanted me to give her something to do. I usually give her small tasks when I am cooking.

"Here, when it's time to add the lasagna sheets, you will do that okay?" I tell her as I give her a pack of the lasagna sheets.

"Yes!" She jumps in happiness before grabbing a small stool to stand on it so she can reach the counter. Both I and Sahil smile at that.

We all cooked dinner together and Sarah managed to make us laugh once or twice saying she could go to Masterchef because she is already a great cook. I once again found myself getting lost at the sound of his laughter.
He noticed my eyes on him, but it's as if I couldn't move them away. He looks down, making me believe he would not make a big deal out of this and would let me stare as much as I wanted. Little did I know that I was beyond wrong. Sahil looks back at me and playfully winks at me.

The surprise was visible in my expression due to my wide-open eyes. I immediately look down and process what just happened. Did Sahil just wink at me?

But if I'm being honest, he did look hot doing it. That's another reason why I am sure I would faint if Sarah was not right here in between us.

Right when Sahil got the lasagna out of the oven, we hear the doorbell ring.

"It must be them, I will open the door," I tell Sahil and I leave towards the living room while Sahil and Sarah made their way to the dining room to start setting out the table.