Chapter 8

Hana's POV

"Hey is that you Hana!" My professor whom I hadn't seen since I left university over a month ago, asks.

What is he doing here? Wait, he did mention that he worked at Sahil's company.

"The same Hana. How's Uni without me?" I ask, playfully.

"Stressful. You could have taken your friend Yasmine with you. She makes my day ten times worse," he replies in the same playful tone, making me laugh. "But what are you doing here?"

"I came to speak to Sahil," I reply forgetting that he probably is unaware that Sahil is my husband.

"Mr Aasim? You know him?" He asks and before I could answer, Mrs Halima joins us.

"She's Mr Aasim's wife." Mrs Halima speaks in my behalf.

"What!" We are all startled when we heard a voice along with the sound of something breaking. We find Melody, who had accidentally dropped a glass she held in her hand.

"I guess she didn't know either." Professor Amir mutters to himself, right when Melody yelled for the cleaners to come clean her mess and she stormed off towards her desk.

"By the way, what is it with Melody and Sahil?" I ask, knowing they would be the only ones who would tell me the truth.

"From what I've heard, she's a long term friend of his. They graduated together and before that, they even went to the same secondary school. Melody was one of his first employees when he opened his firm." Mrs Halima explains.

"I think what Hana really wants to know is what's really-really going on between the two." Amir interferes and I look at him. "Everybody knows Melody is and has always been head over heels for Mr Aasim. She has been since before they graduated." Professor Amir explains what triggers another question in my mind. Is that the promise Sahil was talking about? Did Melody promise not to get her feelings involved with work?

"But don't you worry. Mr Aasim has never expressed to feel the same way. In fact, he wants her kilometres away, but she works here. So, what can he do?" Mrs Halima says and I give her a nod.

"Oh and if Mr Aasim finds out I told you this, he will cut me into pieces," Professor Amir says.

"But I thought Hana already knew about this. Didn't you go to the same school as Mr Aasim? I remember he told me something like that, but maybe I must have got the wrong Hana." Mrs Halima says, leaving me confused.

"What school would that be?" I ask her.

"Somewhere in the UK. I can't remember the name." She responds and I remember how the first time I saw Sahil on TV, he did look familiar to me. I have been in one of his court trials in the past, but before that, his face always reminded me of somebody.

I must be imagining it.

"Anyways, I will get back to work. Amir, Mr Aasim wants to see you and he didn't seem happy." Mrs Halima says and leaves before Amir could ask the reason.

"Well, remember you owed me that time I saved you from being expelled due to your absences? Oh and that time I took an hour off my break to help you catch up with the lessons you missed? Oh and that time_"

"Alright, Amir, I get it. Just get to the point!" I interrupt him, knowing he wanted something.

"Would you be kind enough to take these files to Mr Aasim? Tell him I am overloaded with work and I couldn't take them myself."

"Wow! I'm impressed. Is this Professor Amir getting intimidated by his boss? You didn't seem the scared type during class." I tell him playfully. "Anywho, I will do this just because you saved me many times, but in exchange..." I smile and he playfully rolls his eyes. "My friend Yasmine needs your help to find a placement."

I Want You to Stay On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara