Chapter 5

Hana's POV

"You can't catch me." Sarah laughs as she runs around the house.

"Are you sure about that?" I laugh along before picking her up. "Looks like I can after all," I say as she throws her feet in the air trying to have me release her.

"I love you Hana." She giggles as she wraps her arms around me for a hug.

"Aww, I love you too Sarah," I say before kissing her cheek.

"Daddy!" Sarah screams before I dropped her onto the floor and she runs to her dad. I didn't even notice when he opened the door.

"When did you come back, princess?" Mr. Aasim asks her because as far as he knows, she was still in Qasim's house. She was meant to have stayed for another three days.

"I picked her up today." I tell him.

"Yes and Hana got me ice cream and we stopped at a park to play," Sarah explains enthusiastically. By the way Mr Aasim reacted, he didn't seem happy.

"It looks like you had a fun day. But can I talk to Hana alone please?" He asks Sarah and she smiles from ear to ear before leaving towards the park which was situated in the garden. Her dad had done his best to make her be able to enjoy everything other children outside enjoy, but it still isn't the same thing.

"Is there something wrong?" I ask because for him to want to talk to me, it must be serious. We have been married for about four days and we have never sat and actually spoken. In fact, this is the first time he comes home while I am awake.

"I understand you are new around here, so you probably don't know that Sarah isn't supposed to go out." He starts and I got caught up on the part 'you are new around here'. Like, who does he take me for?

"Why not? She is just a child. She needs to go out and play with other children her age." I respond and he sighs. I know what that sigh is. He knows I'm not going to make it easy on him.

He steps closer, way more than I expected. Making it impossible for me to utter a single more word. I guess we have found my weakness.

"Sarah is not a normal child." He says, leaving me confused. "She is, let's say, wanted by many dangerous people. I don't expect you to understand, but just don't go out without letting me know. Okay?" He continues. Why does it look like he is talking to a child? I'm no child.

"Okay." I just agree. I wouldn't want to put Sarah in danger.

"Did you at least take the bodyguards with you?"

"The body who?" I ask seriously puzzled. Once again gaining a sigh from him. "You mean I have to walk around with those men behind me everywhere I go?"

"You do. That's why I'm asking you not to go out without letting me know." He adds and I wonder, what the heck did I get myself into?

"Alright, we will stay home. Except, I have Uni on the weekdays." I tell him, not expecting him to know. He never asked anything about me.

"I know." He surprises me with the answer. "You can't go."

Say what now?

"You are part of this family now. If they find out about you, you'll also be in danger. Now before you make a scene, I'll come up with a way for you to complete this year. You're doing law, so I'll get you a placement in my firm." He says and I had to control myself not to jump in excitement.

You mean, I am going to work at Sahil Aasim's law firm? But wait... They don't do placements there. That means I am going to be the only student intern. I am so going to embarrass myself.