Chapter 6

Hana's POV

I get up towards Qasim, but as soon as I turn around, I am startled by the presence of Sahil. Wait, Qasim called him here? I am so done with this Qasim.

By the look in Sahil's eyes, he was not happy. He was not happy at all. He walked around me towards Sarah without saying a word to me. I understand. I promised him I wouldn't leave the house with Sarah without letting him know. I should have at least told him.

Sarah seems happy when she sees her dad, but as soon as he is done greeting my mum and Hadiya, he grabs Sarah's hand and walks towards the exit of the park.

"We are waiting for you in the car." He tells me as he walks past, but in no moment looks at me.

After speaking to my mum and Hadiya for a couple of minutes, I say goodbye to them and make sure I let Hadiya know that she can bring Uthman and Safiya to play with Sarah anytime.  I know this is the last time Sarah is coming to the park.

I turn to Qasim and he gives me a nod. I knew he wanted me to go on with our plan. Correction, his plan. But honestly, I might as well. I don't know who these bad guys are, but they are messing up a six-year-olds life, who has done them no harm

I hold Sarah's hand and sit her down at the back seat along with me. I know Sahil expected me to sit next to him, but no way. He seems angry. I'm not risking my life like that.

Sarah looks at me and I knew what she was thinking. "Daddy is angry," Sarah whispers to me, gaining a smile from me. She looked adorable trying to keep quiet but failed miserably.

"I'm sure he is not." I help her put the seatbelt on and she gives me a smile.

As we enter the house, I tell Sarah to go up to her room as I don't want him to take it down on her. If he's going to snap at somebody, that somebody will be me. Anyways, how bad can it be? I have never seen him angry before so I don't think he often gets like that.

"Hana, can we go to the park tomorrow?" Sarah asks me. Wrong timing.

"Absolutely not." Sahil answers before I could and I look at him, so does Sarah.

"You are the worst dad ever!" Sarah screams angrily before running upstairs.

"Facts," I say under my breath which made Sahil turn to me.

"Uh... Don't you think you're being a little too harsh?" I ask knowing my life was at stake here. I should have just done a 180 degree turn and left. "I mean... She just wanted to play with her friends."

"I told you not to take her anywhere without letting me know." He directs words to me for the first time today.

"But we took the guards with us just like you ordered. There was no 'bad guy' following us. We got there safe and returned 'safely'."

"You cancelled her karate lessons to go to the park. You don't understand, do you?"

"No, I don't. Explain it to me. Who are those bad guys you so much talk about? Are they people you failed to represent in court? Are they some past revenge-seeking clients?"

"On the contrary, they are people I have represented in court and won their case." He tells me which caught me by surprise. He prevented them from going to jail, then why are they after him?

"Then inform the police or something. Stop taking Sarah's freedom away from her. She is only a child. She shouldn't even be in the middle of all of this."

"But she is. She can only have her freedom back when I catch them and if it weren't for you, I would still be working on the case and not here trying to explain to you how your actions were wrong." He says, and that was it for me.