Chapter 15

Hana's POV

I immediately stretch my arm to turn the bedside lights on to find Sahil to be the one next to me. I sigh in relief. I honestly don't know what I thought it would be, but knowing it's just Sahil, makes me feel better.

"Sahil, when did you get here?" I ask right before realising that the blocks made of square that I had just touched were his six perfectly drawn abs. With his busy schedule, I didn't even know he had time to be fit. But damn! Let's talk about dem abs!"

"An hour ago." He says and I grab my phone to check the time. It was two hours past isha time.

"But, I thought I heard you open the door before I fell asleep," I say somewhat quietly to myself.

"What?"

"Uh, nothing, it must have been a dream." I shrug it off and turn the opposite side from him to try to fall back to sleep.

"Aren't you going to ask why I'm here?" He suddenly says which gains a smile from me. I'm glad he can't see it because I'm not facing him.

"Why are you here?" I ask, not sounding curious at all. I'm sure if I was less sleepy I would be freaking out at the fact that Sahil is in bed with me. But not right now, I'm exhausted.

"Thanks for the enthusiasm." He responds sarcastically once again gaining a smile from me. Wow, I didn't know Sahil could be this much of an attention seeker.

"I know why you are here." I speak and by the silence, I knew he was waiting for me to proceed ."My mum is here and she would find it weird that we sleep in different bedrooms." I explain, or I thought I did.

"That's not it."

"Then? Did you suddenly remember you have a wife?" I say without thinking twice. My eyes widen as I process the way I just spoke to him.

"I'm sorry." He says and by the movement of the bed, I realised he had just sat up.

Oh, now I feel bad. Arrgh!

I take a deep breath as the sleepiness is taken away from me. I sit up on the bed  next to him and look at him.

"It's okay," I tell him.

"No, it's not okay. I was looking forward for this marriage for a long time and I just blew it all up. I understand if you want to leave. I'm not going to stop you." He says, which hit differently. I know he hasn't been the best of husbands, but I can't leave him. I am way too attached to Sarah and even Sahil's annoying personality to want to leave either of them. I guess I'm stuck to this family for the rest of my life.

"What happened? Why did you act like that?" I believe there is a reason for everything? Sahil must have his reason for behaving the way he did.

"I never planned to get married before solving Sarah's case."

"By Sarah's case, you mean the bad people you keep talking about?" I ask and he nods.

"But when you came by I knew it wasn't a coincidence. It was the third time we met, and all the other times, the case stopped me from approaching you, but this time I couldn't just watch you go again."

"We knew each other from before?" I ask. That's when I remember what Qasim said. He said that Sahil liked me even before we got married.

"You probably don't remember me from secondary."

"Ester school? That is the only secondary I went to. Were you there?" I ask as I try to remember.

"Remember the quiet new kid whom you saved across a alleyway one day? You told me you would never forget how badly injured I was." He remarks and my mind goes into flashback for a moment.