19

"Nothing." James put his lips on her cheek to leave a kiss and murmured, "Just open the door. I am going out."

Kara's eyebrows scrunched up in confusion at his words, "How?"

"The same way that I came here." he pulled back and grinned at her, "from the balcony."

Kara's eyes widened in surprise. He came close to her face with a small smile on his face and continued, "I am not going to tolerate any bad mouthing against my Kara, after all."

Kara looked in his eyes and saw the sincere love they held for her. Unable to meet his gaze, she turned her face away to the side. James came closer and kissed her cheek lightly, making her close her eyes at the softness of his lips.

"Open the door." he whispered, "I am going out."

Kara nodded her head and went to unlock the door. By the time the door opened, James had already left through the balcony.

****

Dressed up in a yellow, knee length dress, Kara walked down the stairs and saw Damon sitting on the couch discussing something with Laura, his grandma. James was also there, looking over something on his tab. She gave Laura, and Damon a sweet smile before coming to sit beside Damon.

"Kara, Damon is saying that you need to go out with him today." Laura said with a smile, "Some of your friends are throwing you a party for your marriage fixing celebration. You should go with Damon, and also invite them personally to your engagement personally."

Kara's eyes turned to Damon with blank expressions. James was silently stealing glances at them over the tab in his hands, and by the expressions on Kara's face he could tell she was not happy at all.

Laura, oblivious to Kara's mood continued, "it is a good thing they are happy to have you back. Your friends are throwing you a part so you and Damon definitely need to go there."

Kara looked at Damon with clear frustration. Damon dipped his head and looked away. He knew the reason for her anger.

"Grandma..." she said in a low tone, "can't we invite them over phone?"

Laura looked at her with surprise, "of course not, honey. They are throwing a party for you. How can you not go there? And while you are there, just hand them the invitation cards. And James will also go with you tonight."

James' eyes shot to Laura's in shock. Her pleading eyes softened him and he gave her a small smile, assuring her that he will go with them.

Kara nodded her head, stood up, and left the hall while giving an angry glare to Damon.

****

"Kara! At least listen to me once." Damon tried to stop Kara but she entered her room angrily and was going to slam the door shut when he marched in, forcing her to back down, "just listen to what I have to say."

"What do you want me to listen to, Damon?" she shouted in anger, "you know that I don't want to go meet the so called friends in this city. You know that I hate going to parties and especially now... when I don't even know how many of them are already sitting there to make fun of me." she took a long, deep breath in frustration.

James was passing by her room when he stopped after hearing her angry rant.

"We need to go there. You need to get out of this shell, Kara. You are young and pretty and everything else that you were even when you had left. There is nothing out there to be afraid of."

"But I don't want to go out! I hate everything that is outside. I don't even understand why you are so hell bent on making me go out of house. Even when I was abroad, you kept pestering me to go out, have fun and crap. What the hell is wrong with wanting to stay in my own fucking room."