34

"You brought her?" Tasha asked.

"She is the company owner. How can I forget her?" Damon grinned.

James cursed himself for missing out on it. 

"He did not want to come alone, so I thought I should give him some company." Damon smiled down at her and squeezed her waist gently, making James' gaze drop to the where his arm was resting.

"Thankfully, party is not as boring as I had thought." Damon responded.

When some of Damon's friend approached him, he excused himself and took Kara along to chat. Once they were out of earshot, Tasha turned to James and smirked,

"So... your fiancee?"

Jame grabbed a shot from the table and gulped it down. As he put the empty glass back on the counter, he responded nonchalantly, "Fiancee... would be fiancee... same thing."

"Overconfident, aren't you?" Tasha snickered.

James shrugged his shoulders in indifference and turned back to look at Damon and Kara. Kara's gaze was on him but turned away as soon as he looked in her direction, but not before he had caught her watching.

Kara excused herself from the group and went towards the washroom. James saw her retreat and instantly followed her, slipping away from the crowd.

She had just come out of the empty washroom when someone forced their way, pushing her inside and locking the door from inside. Kara looked up at the smirking face of James.

"What are you trying to do now?" she asked.

"Don't you think I should be asking you this?"

"Damon already told you why I am here."

James strode forward, pushing her back until her back collided with the cold wall and his body pinned hers in between, "Stop giving me long excuses. You already know how I feel about you being with Damon."

"I don't need to give excuses to roam around half naked with other people, James. I am not a pervert like you."

"Kara," James gritted and bent down to her, "I have constantly warned you about..."

"I have done nothing to be warned about, James. I am not a pretentious jerk like you who is nice one second and a nasty blockhead in the next one. And you might already know, but let me remind you that this place is not our office so I can make this my sleeping ground with anyone I want, can't I?"

She had barely finished her words before his lips landed on hers, kissing her vigorously. She fought under his tight hold but he bit her lip harshly, making her gasp aloud. It was enough chance for him to enter her mouth and devour her. He groaned tasting the sweet taste of her mouth. She stayed unresponsive to him but it just made him increase the pressure even more, kissing her more fervently. She tried to control her desires and held onto his shoulders tighter, her nails digging in. When they both became breathless, he left her mouth and slid to her neck, showering her collarbone with kisses and small bites.

"Leave me." the sound of her protest came out more like a whisper than an order.

His kisses became more passionate, making her moan aloud. His hands roamed her skin, rubbing gently. His mouth slid up to the sensetive area behind her ear, licking softly. She clutched his broad shoulders and pulled him even closer. He felt like he just got his life back from her response to his touch. His tongue slid to her chest and bit over the curve. She kissed his nape, feeling his bare chest rub against herself. But then something flashed in front of her eyes. His proximity with Tasha and then his words that he had said to her. Her hands instantly pushed at him, throwing him off herself. James looked her in confusion and frustration. But without saying anything, Kara turned away and started to walk out of there. James grabbed her hand, stopping her midway, "What was that, Kara?"

"I told you to stay away from me! Aren't your ex girlfriends enough to satisfy you?"

"Kara!"

"What?! You might have big fantasies of getting run after by many girls but I don't want to be with someone who doesn't give me even a bit of respect. Just go to whoever you want to be with and leave me alone. That girl you were clinging to not even a few minutes ago might need you, but I don't."

James snickered, "Oh, you don't need me? I can just very clearly see how much you don't need me. You need me more than anyone else, Kara."

"In your dreams." Kara gritted angrily.

"I can have hundreds of girls in a second, Kara. Do you really think I can not go with any other girl? You also need me. You followed me here, didn't you?"

Kara's anger flared at his words, "Oh really? And I can have any boy at the snap of my finger. Are you challenging me that I am still blind in your love like I was three years ago?"

"Let me see who brings whom to their knees, Kara. We will see."