33

James could not hear anything because of office being soundproof but her laughing with Damon was irritating him to the core. 

Tasha slipped her hand in his arm to catch his attention, "James, what are you..." and then her gaze followed James' and saw it stuck on Kara, "you like her?"

Tasha had never seen James like this. His eyes stayed stuck on the girl like there was nothing else around him. In his college days, no matter how many girls were crazy about him and wanted to be with him but he had never given a damn about anyone. Tasha had been attracted to him, but knowing his personality, she never had to courage to take a step in his direction as more than a friend. So now, when she saw him watching Kara so intently, she immediately felt a sharp jealously in her heart.

"Nice catch." Tasha chuckled.

James turned his head to her and smirked, "thanks. Happy to introduce you to my fiancee."

Tasha was drinking water and immediately chocked on it at his words.

"Say that again. FIANCEE?!"

James nodded his head and leaned back on the couch while Tasha looked at him like she wanted him to say aloud that he is joking.

"Come on, did you really think I am into guys?"

"I mean, I did think it is a possibility." Tasha chuckled.

By the time the clock struck five pm, Tasha and Damon were long gone, while Kara was completely immersed in her work. The headphones blasted music in her ears.

So when the door to her office opened, got shut, and the blinds fell, she did not even realize a thing. Her eyes snapped up when the headphones suddenly got snatched off of her head.

"What was that?" James asked.

Kara looked up at him with confused eyes, "What?"

James grabbed her wrist and jerked her towards himself. She looked at him angrily. She still had not forgotten seeing Tasha and James together, and his behaviour like this just frustrated even more,

"What are you doing? Get off me! You can not behave with me like this."

James stepped forward until she was pineed to the wall, "I can do whatever I want with you, Kara."

Kara pushed at him angrily, "What the hell is your problem? What?! What the hell happened?"

"What were you doing with Damon? Hugging and laughing and all that crap?"

Kara's anger dimmed a bit. But he claimed to be in love with her but forgot all about her as soon as his college sweetheart came in front of his eyes. She narrowed her eyes and gave him a mocking smirk, "Don't be jealous."

Her reaction burned him even more, making his anger rise, "I am not fucking jealous. It's about my reputation in the office. You can not do anything you want in this office, Kara, this is not your fucking house. Don't make this office your sleeping ground where you start getting intimate with anyone you want."

He left her wrist, and stepped back, making her stumble on her feet. She looked at his back with angry, red eyes. Suddenly his phone started. He looked at the caller ID and picked up the call,

"Yes, Tasha?"...  "sure, I will come pick you up, we can go together." he hung up the call and walked out of the office.

Kara looked at his retreating figure as the tears she had been trying to hold slipped out of her eyes, blurring her vision.

*****

Kara had just entered the house when Neil's voice stopped her, "Where is James?"

She met his gaze and gave an awkward smile, "He got a call from a friend, so I guess went out."

Neil looked at her in suspecian, "A friend or a girlfriend?" he saw the dull look at Kara's face, and realized she seemed upset.

Kara shrugged her shoulders awkwardly, "I.. don't know uncle. Anything else?"

Neil stepped closer to her and put his hand on her head lovingly, "Don't let him get a hold of your life, Kara. I know he gets angry easily and messes things up but you have to be more ignorant to his bad words and lean more towards his good intentions. If anything goes wrong, tell me. I am here."

 Kara nodded her head and smiled a bit, letting him know she was alright. Neil smiled at her and gave her a thumbs up in encouragement.

*****

Kara looked around herself and found James after a few minutes. He stood beside Tasha who was dancing on the beats of music in a bikini, her hands wrapped around James' bare shoulders. His hands were on her waist while slow showers poured on them. She had not even known it was going to be a pool party until she had reached here.

The party was at full swing at nine in the evening, ready to end in about an hour or so. Kara had already gotten changed in a small, light green bikini with a loose, see through shirt over it. She could hear people whispering about her as soon as she entered, and eyes followed her bare body as she reacheed the bar, right next to where James and Tasha were dancing.

Her eyes scanned the crowed, meeting several pairs of eyes that were stuck on her with desire in them until meeting that one pair of eyes that were looking at her without blinking. James and her eyes stayed locked with each other as he immediately made his way towards her with Tasha by his side,

"Why are you here?" James asked in shock.

"Must be following you like a good fiancee." Tasha mocked.

Suddenly Damon came towards them from behind and slid his hand in Kara's waist while Kara's arm wrapeed around him in a side hug, "She is my fiancee, actually." his eyes dropped to look at Kara and grinned, "glad to see you, princess."