25

This was the worst hangover anyone could have ever gotten in their lifetime- was the first thought that entered Kara's mind as soon as she opened her eyes. Her mind was completely blank, and hurting when she peeped open one eye to look around the room until her eyes fell on the clock on the side table showing one pm.

It was not like this was the first time she had drunk herself to unconsciousness. Back in the college she used to get drunk until she was no longer aware of what was around her whenever Damon came to visit her. He would take her out of the house that she stayed holed up in and let her do whatever she wanted for the whole night. But even then her hangovers were never this painful. Maybe her head was throbbing too much this time because she had cried her eyes out last night.

Getting up from the bed she grabbed the phone off the side table but it was powered off. She put it on charging and took some pills for the headache before getting out of the bed. A knock on the door alerted her as soon as she put her feet on the ground. She found a maid standing outside with her breakfast on the table. As soon as the maid was out of the room after placing the breakfast on the table, Kara grabbed some clothes and went to the washroom to take a bath and freshen up. The water on her body felt so soothing and relaxed her immediately.

After walking out she was too hungry to think of anything else. She ate the scrambled eggs and sipped the juice in the glass before getting dressed in jeans and a tank top. Her mind was now coming to present as the flashes of last night started coming in front of her eyes. The last thing she clearly remembered was Damon getting shot at and James and her checking into this hotel. The rest of the night was still fuzzy.

She started getting some flashes of her talk with James but with no voice, her body instantly tensed. What had she blabbered in front of him? She knew she was going to remember everything eventually but not having James around her was giving her a bizarre feeling.

Kara glanced at the clock which showed thirty past two. She was feeling a lot better now but James was nowhere to be seen still.

She took off the phone from charging and turned it on. As soon as it was on, her phone went off with constant beeping of messages, missed calls and voice messages. Her heart got filled with unease and fear immediately.

Ignoring the voice mails and missed calls Kara opened the messages. Her eyes instantly widened as she found Damon's messages filling up her screen completely,

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU TELL JAMES???"

"TAKE THE FUCKING CALL, DAMN IT!"

Kara gulped down in fear seeing the capitalized words showing Damon's anger. A few more messages repeated over and over for her to pick up the call.

"James is fighting with dad. He knows about your mom's last wish. Just pick up the call, princess."

Her heart shuddered at the bad feeling that creeped inside. She tried to remember what she had said to James last night but everything in her mind was fuzzy. She vaguely remembered talking to James on call and then being in the elevator. But she could not remember what she had said to him.

She scrolled down to the last message and all the air inside her her lungs left immediately,

"James has destroyed everything." 

She fell down on the bed with her phone in her hand as her whole body shivered in panic. If he knew about her mom's wish, then he knew about why she was not marrying him and everything else too. Would Damon or uncle be able to handle James and calm him down? Who was she even kidding, this was James. He would burn everyone alive with his anger before they even get a chance to get close. She closed her eyes and tried to remember last night. Slowly as the numbness faded, she started to remember every little thing that had happened.

She rubbed her temples in tension. She could not believe she had spouted out everything to him under influence of alcohol. What would he be thinking right now? She was going to kill him if he dared to hit Damon.

Gosh... what was she even thinking right now. She quickly unlocked the call and called Damon but it was busy. She was instantly regretting sleeping for so long. From all voice calls she heard she could hear James fighting in loud voice with his parents and arguing with them about the cancellation of her engagement to Damon. 

~~~~~

Damon had come out of the house in the garden to get some fresh air. The doctor had bandaged his wound nicely and since the wound was not deep, the pain had already stopped. He sipped the coffee from the cup in his hand.

He was worried about Kara since last night. He knew she was going to be safe with James but the fear of almost losing her had still not subsided. He had called her a couple of times since waking up but she did not pick up the call. Thinking she was still sleeping he smiled and shook his head. Whenever he visited her, she would always stay asleep until he woke her up as she always turned the alarm off whenever he was there. But it made him feel important because it meant she was comfortable having him around and his visits did not bother her. 

As he turned around to enter back inside the house, a punch on his face made him stagger back. The cup in his hands slipped and crashed against the floor in many broken pieces. 

*******

Precap of Next Chapter:::

"You already knew I loved her, right? Why the fuck did you hide about the engagement from me?" James shouted.

"It was her choice." Damon hissed angrily, "I will do whatever she says as long as she is fucking happy."

"You did not have the right to decide that. She is mine!"

"You are a fucking bastard, James. You just want to snatch everything away from me, don't you? That is what you have been doing since the day I was born."

---

Please join my P a t r e o n channel and get advanced access to all the chapters. Just search for:

p a t r e o n . c o m / k t i s h 7

Follow me on FB: f b . c o m / k t i s h 7